• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Deuce Traveler's Six Nights to Yearsend (Ptolus one-shot)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Ok, then I am going to put Tagret in Group A (which needs a name). These are Tagret's two contacts. Let me know if you would like a third:

- Avros Tylor of North Market: Avros is a tall, lanky man with big ears and nose who works as a puppeteer and satirist. The man makes a decent enough living as he is talented at the first, but he usually only gets children as an audience because comedy is hard and he's a poor satirist. He puts most of his money into his puppets and therefore wears baggy and loose clothing. Still, the man usually is a wealth of current political events/rumors and is connected with the Republican movement. Tagret has found that he actually learns something important of the goings-on in Ptolus by watching his puppets based on known City Watchmen, the Commissar, Church members, and so on; which is important for outsiders from Tarsis, as Tagret is.

- Tagret is an initiate in the Order of the Fist, which can be found in the Temple District. He often spars and is friends with Riven Castlegate, a half-elf monk who introduced Tagret to the Order and helped him become indoctrinated in their ways. Tagret still has to figure out what his ultimate goal in life will be before he can advance in the organization, but has helped Riven understand that his ultimate goal is to one day see the slavers known to operate in Ptolus disbanded and one day brought to justice. Through helping Riven find his purpose, Tagret helped him find the center he needed to be regarded as a Follower of the Fist, and the two have grown closer because of it.

For a third contact, its possible to have someone in the Ptolus arena, but not necessary since Tagret may have fought in his home city of Tarsis rather than in Ptolus.

Last edited:

d'Anconia

Explorer
Question - is there a religion out there that are advocates of the Lords of the Seven Chains? (the 7 solars who guard the golden chains on Vallus that prevent anything from leaving the plane) I was thinking of a Favored Soul dedicated to fighting the evils of the world who are seeking to break the chains and escape the world. Ironically, this would put him in conflict with Knights of the Golden Cross at times as well.

Edit: - reading further, it looks like the Malkuth seem to line up with this as well. Would this association work? Worship the Lords of the Seven Chains by themselves?

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
d'Anconia said:
Question - is there a religion out there that are advocates of the Lords of the Seven Chains? (the 7 solars who guard the golden chains on Vallus that prevent anything from leaving the plane) I was thinking of a Favored Soul dedicated to fighting the evils of the world who are seeking to break the chains and escape the world. Ironically, this would put him in conflict with Knights of the Golden Cross at times as well.

Edit: - reading further, it looks like the Malkuth seem to line up with this as well. Would this association work? Worship the Lords of the Seven Chains by themselves?

Not really, see page 62. Almost no one knows about the Lords of the Seven Chains except those who were around when it happened. There are, however, several saints of the Church of Lothian that may work. St. Gustav, protector of the innocent and St. Yessid, punisher of sins for example (p. 67). Out of the new gods that are worshipped, Gaen, goddess of Light seeks to struggle constantly against evil forces. You can always choose one such worship, but have connections with the Malkuth or a Lothian Church order devoted to militaristic solutions to evil and corruptness.

Dekana

Explorer
Kaeso suggests, "Team Dayspring! The magical treasures we seize will exude a power as great as the Sun itself. Our members' quests for self-discovery could be symbolized by the Sun forcing out darkness and ignorance, ushering in truth. And lastly, every morning the Sun wins a victory over darkness, banishing it into hiding; so shall our troop destroy the demons and anarchists who seek to undermine the security of the Empire itself."

That is, assuming Team A is good and Team B is evil. I read something about conflicting goals back there.

d'Anconia

Explorer
Deuce Traveler said:
Not really, see page 62. Almost no one knows about the Lords of the Seven Chains except those who were around when it happened.

Well, I guess I should have seen that! Gaen sounds good - are favored weapons listed in the book? I can't find them there.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Actually, Team A is the more evil group. Just kidding. I intended that both groups will be heroes in their own fashion unless Team B wants to go with being evil, but Ptolus can be complicated and many factions often compete against one another when they could instead be working together. As you can already see, for example, Monty is suspicious of the Inverted Pyramid. Now if I make one of Illium's character contacts a member of the Inverted Pyramid and Ilium's character a member of Team B, I already have a point of possible friction between the two groups that I can warp into the tale.

D'Aconia: I didn't see favored weapons, either, but two high-level priests that are given stats in later pages are equipped and skilled with maces, so let's say that the favored weapons of Gaen are maces and slings.

Last edited:

d'Anconia

Explorer
Out of curiousity, is the Book of Exalted Deeds available as a source? I was flipping through it and saw the Fist of Raziel prc that looks like it goes with the theme I trying to develop. Maybe it could be a Fist of Gaen in Ptolus?

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Could we of formed our own (though very small) organization? So instead of "Team Super Guys" we could be the "blah blah organization" or something similar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads