• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dexterity and the Inability to move

Azazu

First Post
What dex would a plant creature have that cannot move from its place. But its leaves and tentacles can??

thanks

Knight Otu

First Post
Dexterity: Any creature that can move has at least 1 point of Dexterity. A creature with no Dexterity score can’t move. If it can perform actions (such as casting spells), it applies its Intelligence modifier to initiative checks instead of a Dexterity modifier. The creature automatically fails Reflex saves and Dexterity checks.
Technically, it would not have a Dexterity score. However, the Fiend Folio has the bloodthorn, a large plant with a speed of 0 and a Dex of 17.

Azazu

First Post
I am trying to make a new creature. So I cannot look at the stats, as I haven't come up with them yet.

thanks

LokiDR

First Post
Movement is not tied to dexterity. Dex 0 means move 0, but move 0 doesn't mean dex 0. Take a look at the dex ranges in the MMII and decide from that.

Remove ads