DF's "Those Damn Heroes" OOC

renau1g

First Post
One quick suggestion would be to drop your Dex to 17 to start and bump it to 20 at 4th level. 20 or 21 have the same effect, so that would let you add a few more points elsewhere (perhaps Con or Cha to get to 16?). Other than that, he looks good. Probably going to hit hard and often.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ok, I took your suggestion and dropped Dex to 17 and added some points to both Con and Cha.

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION] - Is the L4W as active as the LPF seems to be?

[sblock=Summary]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Houndaer, level 5
Drow, Rogue (Scoundrel)
Build: Aerialist Rogue
Rogue Tactics Option: Artful Dodger
Rogue Option: Scoundrel Weapon Talent
Theme: Guttersnipe

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 13, DEX 20, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 17

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 13, DEX 17, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 14

AC: 21 Fort: 13 Ref: 20 Will: 15
HP: 45 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +12, Bluff +10, Insight +8, Intimidate +12, Stealth +14, Thievery +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +1, Athletics +2, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +3, Heal +3, History +1, Nature +3, Perception +3, Religion +1, Streetwise +5

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Guttersnipe Attack: Running Slash
Drow Racial Power: Cloud of Darkness
Rogue Attack 1: Sly Flourish
Rogue Attack 1: Deft Strike
Rogue Attack 1: Dazing Strike
Rogue Attack 1: Handspring Assault
Rogue Utility 2: Sneak in the Attack
Rogue Attack 3: Low Slash
Rogue Attack 5: Bloodbath

FEATS
Level 1: Backstabber
Level 2: Light Blade Expertise
Level 4: Weapon Focus (Light blade)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit
Dagger
Flowform Leather Armor +1 x1
Iron Armbands of Power (heroic tier)
Rhythm Blade Dagger +1 x1
Flensing Short sword +1 x1
====== End ======[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
L4W is fairly active, there's been a fairly steady stream of new players coming in. It looks like there's somewhere around 15 active adventures, at 5-6 each that's about 82-83 PC's active. Some of the PC's have been adventuring since hte start 4 years ago and are now Paragon-level, but as I mentioned, there always seems to be new people coming in also to allow for a low-level group.

Inspiratorium

First Post
D'oh, can't believe I missed this. And I had a character idea up and ready that would have been perfect for such a game too. Can I be considered as an alt?

The idea I had, was a half-Orc hybrid fighter/rogue.

Looks good, gents. It's Wednesday morning for me, so let's try to start on Thursday, or Friday at the latest. That said, let me look over my notes here...

Voda Vosa - Toaddy - Warpriest
Holyman - Name? - Wizard
renau1g - Karack - Warden
Disposable Hero - Houndaer - Rogue

Dave_o - Wretch? - Barbarian
Inspiratorium - ??? - Fighter/Rogue

[MENTION=2933]dave_o[/MENTION] - So we're waiting on you to finish his character sheet - I'm willing to give you another day or two while I prep to get this started. I'm excited to see what you come up with!

[MENTION=6684877]Inspiratorium[/MENTION] - I'd be happy to have you as first alternate. Put up a character sheet when you can.

[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] - I need your character's name. Couldn't find it on your sheet.

Any other questions for now?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It's Mikal... Mikal Downs. I was waiting to see if he would be allowed to be the bandit leader's little brother.

Note: I got the errata pdf this morning and will need to correct a few things on my sheet is there an RG?

To renau1g - I'm good to go with Mikal and Karack being friends (the dwarf a guardian of the young wizard). I didn't put much of that into my background and figure we can RP old stories if you want.

[sblock=Background]
"What can I say about having Cryus as a brother?" Mikal says as he throws another branch on the fire. The flames light up his thoughtful face and the young clean shaven chin. His grey eyes drink in the fire as if he his absorbing it for use later in one of his spells.

"As my elder it fell to him to watch over me after our parents passed away. But he was still young and I... I wasn't the most obedient of children to begin with." Taking a stick he pokes at the campfire sending sparks into the air. As they jump from the flames he waves his hand and mumbles an incantation in the language of magic. The sparks pop like fireworks to blossom into birds, flowers, and a dwarven axe(for Karack). "So he shipped me of to the city . You know, I never have found out how he could afford to have me apprentice at the School of Vanderbee. Probably some of the first gold he ever stole I suppose."

Looking thoughtfully into the flames, his face takes on the look of one remembering long long ago. "Now at Vanderbee the world is as different as night and day. Soft beds, three warm meals, and a roof to keep the weather at bay were just the tip of it. Classes and classes took up most of the day but there were idle days in between. Days to go into town or to the arena. There were balls every weekend as nobles tried to out do one another for title of the best party thrower. At those I would sometime perform." Mikal holds out his hand and a coiled snake appears around his fingers. He then acts like it bit him and drops it to the ground. The snake slithers around his feet before coiling up like a spring to bound into the air. As it ascends it grows dove like wings and takes to the air disappearing in the night. "I didn't make much really." he admits.

"And then I got the letter from Cyrus that brought me back her to all of you."
he continues on his face breaking out into a small grin. "I did so love the parties and studying, and the women." he laughs a that. "But knowing Cyrus was in trouble and needed me," he pauses...

"Well it felt good. I won't lie."

Patting Karack on the shoulder as the dwarf downs another mug of his home-brew he says. "And it let me reunite with some old friends. So I'm ready when all of you are to go out and find this babble, haha. And maybe when we are done I'll take all of you with me back to the city. You can dance can't you?" [/sblock]

HM

Inspiratorium

First Post
Okay, here's my proposed character, Sal Aldurn.

His backstory can be changed around, but basically, he's the bandit group's enforcer. If you want to get somebody taken care of/made an example of, this half-orc is the one you can go to.

Attachments

• Sal Aldrun level 5.xls
    164.5 KB · Views: 67

Seems fine, Inspiratorium.

I'm looking to get started this time tomorrow at the latest, so let's hope we hear back from [MENTION=2933]dave_o[/MENTION] by then. If not, [MENTION=6684877]Inspiratorium[/MENTION] can hop on without any mess.

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], can you take a minute to post your character in the RG? Thank you!

dave_o

Explorer
Seems fine, Inspiratorium.

I'm looking to get started this time tomorrow at the latest, so let's hope we hear back from [MENTION=2933]dave_o[/MENTION] by then. If not, [MENTION=6684877]Inspiratorium[/MENTION] can hop on without any mess.

[MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], can you take a minute to post your character in the RG? Thank you!

Man, go ahead and let Inspiratorium in.

As much as I wanna play I don't think I can squeeze this one in. Good karma tho, Inspiratorium is actually in my PbP. Have fun!

Remove ads