di Senzio's Tournament: Winged Flute

BigB

First Post
Cepheus

Cepheus approaches the rich human sitting alone. Cepheus thinks he must approach this bet carefully as the opportunity to make money is there but also the chance to lose money (a prospect he does not care for).

Kind sir would you mind if I join you? Offering his hand to the human in a greeting. I believe this contest should be quite interesting. This Octavio is putting on quite a performance. How do you think the others will fare?

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-= Common Room =-=-=-

The public seems not very interested by the song. Some seems not to be aware that the performance have started, as they continue to speak. But that doesn't seems to be discourage Octavio who start his swordplay. At that moment, people stops to speak and some people encourage him. Once he finish his show, everyone clap in there hands, some vigorously. A very nice ovation and he can overhear some people giving good comments on his last performance when he go back to the private room.

[SBLOCK=OOC]For the song, you have a +2 circumsatnce bonus, for the wirtten song and the good idea to put it as the introduction of the performance tournement... that just save you from the roten tomatoes ;)

Song: 6
Swordplay: 14
Ocatvio: 30[/SBLOCK]

The rich man look at Cepheus for a moment. A man come back from behind. he seems muscular. "Calm down, it is fine." the man return and sits back on the table behind. "His song was pretty much lame, but his swordplay excellent. If I was him, I would have stick to the swordplay. I've heard a great deal about the Sarudanis, and I think there are two in this competition. I think At least one of them will go in final, if not both. But most of the performer in this category are so obscur that it is hard to tell who will finish first."

A man enter the Inn and talk a moment with the half-elf at the door. The half-elf seems to refuse him his request, but the man please. After more argument, the half-elf make a sign to Garrit to come.

-=-=-= Private Room =-=-=-

"Nice swordplay." tells Reynold as Ocatvio enter. "Semabin, your turn. When you are ready."

Last edited:

BigB

First Post
Velmont said:
The rich man look at Cepheus for a moment. "His song was pretty much lame, but his swordplay excellent. If I was him, I would have stick to the swordplay. I've heard a great deal about the Sarudanis, and I think there are two in this competition. I think At least one of them will go in final, if not both. Both most of teh performer in this category are so obscur that it is hard to tell who will finish first."[/COLOR]

Would you like to make a wager on the Sarudani performer? I would be willing to bet 15gp that the Sarudanis does not outperform the other two contestants, and as you have already stated the performance we just watched did not start out so well.

Velmont

First Post
The rich man listen to Cepheus. "Which one? They are two." asks the man. "And we don't even know if they will both perform tonight, or even if only one of them will perform tonight."

Knight Otu

First Post
(I somehow must have missed the "sword dance" part of gladiatoral performance the whole time... :uhoh: )
Semabin takes the ring that Reynold gives him and puts it on.

Semabin starts out with a traditional Sairundani dance that goes without weapons, featuring swift whirls and bouts.
Traditional Dance (1d20+7=19)

After the traditional dance, he draws his scimitars, and, and carefully changes his grip so that he holds them parallel to his arms, blade outwards, and then kneels, blades over his head. He takes a short breath, one, perhaps two seconds, and then explodes into a whirl of steel with a shout. Again, a minimal pause, lingering in a stance as if ready to strike, then a rush to one side of the performance area, accompanied with whirls, short kneeling and crossing the arms, as if blocking attakcs with the scimitars, and punches. A few varied repeats of that, alternating the sides. Finally, Semabin returns to the center this way, and stops cold, as if hit by a blade. Slowly, he return to the pose he began his performance in.

Int Check Improvised Performance, and Performance itself (1d20+1=20, 1d20+1=19)
(I'm not sure if it should be counted as dance or gladiatoral, so I only rolled the Int check, and the Charisma check. But I guess it should be gladiatoral.
As gladiatoral performance, the first result would not change, granting a +4 bonus, making the Performance result 18 (19-5 +4)
If it were dance, the further modifiers would be +3 ranks and +3 Skill Focus.)

BigB

First Post
Cepheus Beren Boomhill

Velmont said:
The rich man listen to Cepheus. "Which one? They are two." asks the man. "And we don't even know if they will both perform tonight, or even if only one of them will perform tonight."

My mistake. How embarrassing. I did not realize both contestants to go are Sarundani. I suppose I can allow you to choose which one.

Heckler

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]For the song, you have a +2 circumsatnce bonus, for the wirtten song and the good idea to put it as the introduction of the performance tournement... that just save you from the roten tomatoes ;)

Song: 6
Swordplay: 24
Ocatvio: 30[/SBLOCK]

ooc: I think you got the numbers confused. My result of 24 was for the originality of the swordplay. The actual swordplay perform check was a 14, making my overall total a 20.

Velmont

First Post
"Anyway, I am not interested to bet with you." tells the rich man to Cepheus. He then watch Semabin performance and start to ignore the gnome. Cepheus can also see that the bodyguard that have turn his attention on him.

Semabin during that time, perform some dance that seems to draw the attention of the crowd. When he draw his scimtar and start to Whirlwind, the silence fill the room. Only the sounds of the edge cutting the air can be heard. As he finish, it seems the crowd hold his breath a moment, and then the start to clap in there hands. The people seems impress by the result and make sure the performer knows it.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Heckler: I've corrected your score.

KO: I see the Sarudani dance as something similar to the Capoera in the south america. A martial art pass throught the dancing tradition. Both can be use. In you case, you better with Perform(Dance), as it has no penalty

Semabin:
Dance: 19
Martial Dance: 25
Total: 44[/SBLOCK]

DerHauptman

First Post
When Jik'tu sees the man come from behind the "rich man" Cepheus was talking to he stands up quickly almost upsetting the table in the process and takes a step closer to the meeting.

When he sees the thug type dismissed by his lord or employer Jik'tu takes his seat again.

He is getting antsy because Cepheus was not really clear about what he should do.

During the performances he boo's loudly at both performers when they are finished.

What dis bees!

Yous don't nots bees sung even!

Purdy mens fur sure but dis sword stuff is fur da fights not sings in dis place!

[sblock=Velmont] When will the duels start. Just wondering if it's gonna be like 2 weeks real time or a couple days or what. It's your show and I'm fine with that but I am getting antsy wondering if there might be a mission or something we can do to gain XP and such if its going to be another 2 weeks. When we finished the "tomato sauce" mission (which was rocking good fum my friend!) you said the tourney would start the next day or was it we were a day late already, I think the later. Just curious...not asking you to rush just want some info so I can decide what Jik'tu is up to. [/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Amidst all the clapping, a skinny, deeply tanned elf in white linen clothes enters the crowded room, staying toward the back. He looks around, but doesn't seem to be quite sure what he's looking for. He stays in the back and joins the audience.

Remove ads