• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Semabin][SBLOCK=OOC]Semabin think the bird was simply standing in the middle of the room but he cannot swear.[/SBLOCK]

-=-=-= Room 1 - Round 3 =-=-=-
Semabin moves to the wall where is the hole where the magpie have dissapeared. As he approach, he spots twigs and herbs coming out of the hole, probably the nest of the bird. He looks at the wall, and he thinks it could easily be climb by an average person. The hole is eight feet high, just a bit out of reach, but he estimates that if he had to fall from that height he would suffer no damage, just lose some time. He also doesn't fear to be disqualify, as the wall are 10 feet high.

Code:
 _m____-_ 	| and _ are walls
|        |	- are doors
|        |	r is the hole where the rat dissapear
rX       |	m is the hole where the magpie have hide
|        |	X is where you are standing
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
 ______-_

[SBLOCK=OOC]Do you still want to climb?

Actions:
Round 4: Move to the magpie hole (Move action) [/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]First, if he can peek into the rat's hole, he does so. He also quickly scans the other walls. If he sees nothing interesting, he'll climb.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Semabin]-=-=-= Room 1 - Round 4 =-=-=-
From this point of view, it is easier for him to see the rats hole. The hole is the largest of all the ones he can see. It diameters is almost two feet of diameters. Another thing that attract his attention, it is the hole seems brigther than the others, just as there was some light that was coming from inside the hole.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Actions:
Round 4: Look at the rat's hole (Move action)[/SBLOCK] [/SBLOCK]

IcyCool

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]Deos scratches his chin and ponders out loud, "Hmm. At first glance the numbers don't appear to be related to each other or anything else in this room. Their placement on each side of this stone is likely intentional, but I'm not sure what that intention is. Presumably the chalk is there for me to use, but what am I supposed to write? Should I draw a line from one to the other? Write down every number in between? Does the rat or it's hole have anything to do with this?" Deos looks up at the sky " Holy Antonidas, this puzzle is about as vague as they come. But I thank you for placing me before it." He taps his foot and spends the next few seconds in quiet contemplation.

OOC: Well, aside from just randomly writing things on the stone, I'm pretty much stuck. So it looks like Deos will have to spend some time figuring out a clue on what he's supposed to do here. His Intelligence and Wisdom modifiers are both +3. Would his skill in Decipher Script, Spellcraft, Knowledge[Arcana], Knowledge[Religion], or Knowledge[History] help in any way?[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]Aha! Octavio will drop down and run to the door, unlocking then opening the door.

[sblock=ooc]You're insane for doing this, you know. I don't know how you're going to keep all this strait. :D [/sblock]
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Deos]-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 14 =-=-=-
Deos stares long seconds at the flat stone, tryiong to figure teh mystery out of it but feeling he had waste enough time, he decides to go by elimination, that would be the best thing to do. So he takes the chalk. But what to draw down on it? The most obvious thing it "0" or "100", as they appears beside the flat stone. Deos decide to write "0" with the chalk. At his surprise, the "0" on the side, carved in to the stone, dissapear. He then see it replace by another "0" that looks like exactly like the one he has written on the stone. Also, to his surprise, the "0" written with the chalk on the flat stone have dissapeared.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Deos lost 5 rounds thinking on that one... sometimes, it worth it to take risk, you would have probably lost less time if you had randomly written things on the flat stone.[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Octavio][SBLOCK=OOC]I was awaiting that contest more than any other. It was that idea that trigger all this adventure. And you just pass the easiest room :p Oh! I suppose you take the key before going to the door ;) Be warned, I'll assume the less possible the things you are doing, but as you need a key to unlock a door...[/SBLOCK]

-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 6 =-=-=-
Octavio quickly grabs the key, and almost get attack by the bird, but he avoids the beck, having the key in his hand.

Octavio let himself fall to the ground and land softely. He moves to the door. The silver of the key and of the lock are the same. As he was hoping, the key slides into the lock with ease and he hears a clicking sound. He tries the handle and the door open.

Octavio enters into the next room. It is a small room, 10 feet by 10 feet. The wall are flats and as well made as the outside. He sees the rat you've seen in the other room. As he spots you, he run back into a hole that seems to lead back to the room you just came from. Except the door you can from and the hole there seems to be nothing else.

It is then your eyes catch a detail. On the opposite wall, there is a large flat stone that compose the wall, larger than anyone else. Beside it are two carved stones. On the left side, you see the number 0 have been carved into the wall. On the other side, the number 100 have been carved. Just under, a stone seen to come out a few inch of the wall and on it, lay a piece of chalk.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Action
Round 3: Pick the key (Move action)
Round 4: Jump down (Free action)
Round 4: Move toward the door (Move action)
Round 4: Unlock the door (Standard action)
Round 5: Open the door (Move action)
Round 5: Enter Room 2 (Move action)
Round 6: Stare at room 2 (Standard action) [/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

IcyCool

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=Deos]Deos lost 5 rounds thinking on that one... sometimes, it worth it to take risk, you would have probably lost less time if you had randomly written things on the flat stone.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Velmont]OOC: *sigh* I even lost the maximum number of rounds thinking too. Oh well. And I still don't have a clue what to do. :heh: Trial by error, I guess.

Deos raises an eyebrow at the newly formed number. Seeing that nothing else besides the number has changed, and not having any other ideas, he writes down the only other number in the room. He scrawls out "100" on the flat stone.[/sblock]

Heckler

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]Octavio will cross the room and pick up the chalk. "We'll try the obvious first," he mutters as he writes "50" on the large flat stone.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Deos][SBLOCK=OOC]A clue is not an answer, don't hope to have something too obvious on teh first clue, but more you'll ask, the clearer they will be (and the more time you'll have wasted)... But I'm sure you'll figure it out soon. Hey, you have 16 of int after all ;) [/SBLOCK]

-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 15 =-=-=-
Deos write down "100". He sees the number dissapear. He stare at the "0" on teh left that havn't changed. The "100" on the right have dissapeared and have been replaced by the one he had written on the stone.[/SBLOCK]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads