• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

di Senzio's Tournement: Arena - Tribune [El Jefe judging]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Octavio]-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 7 =-=-=-
Octavio write down 50. He sees the number dissapear. As he looks at the number on the side, the 0 is still there, but the 100 have dissapeared. The 100 have been replace by a 50 that is written with the same handwritting than the 50 he has just written on the flat stone. Now he stares at a flat stone with a carved 0 on the left and a carved 50 on the right.[/SBLOCK]

Heckler

First Post
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=Octavio]-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 7 =-=-=-
Octavio write down 50. He sees the number dissapear. As he looks at the number on the side, the 0 is still there, but the 100 have dissapeared. The 100 have been replace by a 50 that is written with the same handwritting than the 50 he has just written on the flat stone. Now he stares at a flat stone with a carved 0 on the left and a carved 50 on the right.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Velmont]Octavio will then write "0" on the flat stone.[/sblock]

IcyCool

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]OOC: Your clue was fine, as it has at least given me information I didn't have before. I was just lamenting my inability figure out your puzzle (and my cursed luck with InvisibleCastle ;)). I might be over-analyzing it though. I've got a couple of ideas left to try.

"So, the stones on either side of the square replace their carving with what I write, so long as it is a 0 or 100. This maze is supposed to be a test of wits, but that does not necessarily imply the ability to read and write. Hmmm. Would this diSenzio place a puzzle in here that one who is not skilled in reading or numbers would have no hope of solving?" As he goes over possibilities he continues to speak out loud, "If so, then the solution is likely to involve writing some specific numbers, and I have an idea which ones. But if it is not, and the flat stone causes whatever is written on it to appear on the surrounding stone, then perhaps by completely filling it's surface with chalk scribbling, I can cause a sizeable hole to appear in the surrounding stone, thereby leading me to the next room. Hmm, which one to try first? I should probably try the numbers, as that would use less chalk. The shape of the stone is probably a clue, 4 sides. And since it relates to the numbers on each side, it is likely that it is referring to quarters of 100. But which number to use first? 25, 50, or 75? I'll try 50 first."

Deos raises his piece of chalk to the stone slab, and with a muttered, "By the empty inkwell of Antonidas, I hope I'm not overthinking this." He writes "50" down on the stone square.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Octavio]-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 8 =-=-=-
Octavio write down 0. He sees the number dissapear. As he looks at the number on the side, the 50 is still there, but the 0 have been replaced by another 0, the one he has just written. Now he stares at a flat stone with a carved 0 on the left and a carved 50 on the right. [/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Deos]-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 16 =-=-=-
Deos write down 0. He sees the number dissapear. As he looks at the number on the side, the 0 is still there, but the 100 have been replaced by the 50 he has just written. Now he stares at a flat stone with a carved 0 on the left and a carved 50 on the right. [/SBLOCK]

IcyCool

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]Deos stares at the stone in confusion. "Now what in the name of all that is mysterious is that supposed to mean?"

He blinks at the stone for a few moments as if expecting an answer, and then shrugs and writes down "25" on the stone.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Deos]-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 17 =-=-=-
Deos write down 25. The number dissapear. As he looks at the number on the side, the 50 is still there, but the 0 have been replaced by the 25 he has just written. Now he stares at a flat stone with a carved 25 on the left and a carved 50 on the right. [/SBLOCK]

IcyCool

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]Deos seems surprised that the number on the left changed, and decides to continue with his original plan and write "75" on the stone.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Deos]-=-=-= Room 2 - Round 18 =-=-=-
Deos write down 75. The number dissapear. As he looks at the number on the side, the 25 is still there, but the 50 have been replaced by the 75 he has just written. Now he stares at a flat stone with a carved 25 on the left and a carved 75 on the right. [/SBLOCK]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=Quozen]-=-=-= Room 1 - Round 5 =-=-=-
The hole are well placed and Quozen easily climb the few feet needed to have a good view of the hole. He spots inside the hole the nest. The magpie is in panic and hide at the bottom of the hole. In the nest is a shinny object that Quozen quickly identfy as a silvery key.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Round 5 actions:
Move 20 feet (Move action)
Climb up the wall (Move action, Climb check: 11 (Take 10))
[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]
[sblock=Velmont]Quozen quickly examines the hole for anything else, takes the key, and uses the pole to vault down in front of the door. Assuming nothing else is found in the magpie's hole, he tries the key in the door's lock.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads