Diablo III

Steel_Wind

Legend
This game is about 18-24 months way from release.

The gameplay trailer was long, seamless and astounding in quality. For every other developer - that's a video of a finished game product.

For Blizzard? That's a game where the polish and revision is just getting started.

Blizzard makes the best games. Period. There is nobody else in their league. The success of their games is not an accident. It is the product of excellence at every level of design, production and implementation.

I cannot wait for the game's release.

frankthedm

First Post
Random dungeons were one of D1's best features. You could never know which was the right way until you explored.

Acid beasts were troublsome, though manageable with caution. Though the Stun Locking from bolt demons did go overboard.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Three of the things I am most intrigued about is them talking about "more roleplaying/storytelling", character customization (we know there will at the very least be able to change sex), and those "random dungeon events".

I am most looking forward to the first, since while Diablo has never really tried to delve much into the plot and the world, I always liked the universe and hopefully Diablo III will allow more exploration/storytelling in it.

And as will always be the case with Diablo it has my favourite style of angels EVER.

Testament

First Post
I echo Fallen Seraph on how kickin' the Diablo Angels are in style. With Diablo III being about the full-blown Apocalypse, hopefully we'll get to see more of them.

My only concern is that they've mentioned Five character classes, and from the preview, the Witch Doctor seems to have killed my beloved Necromancer and taken his stuff. Damn.

Blizzard really are in a league of their own. They've got something THAT polished when they're doing the announcement, and as I am given to say about Blizzard release dates, "Blizzard Time". Starcraft was insanely late and is still regarded as one of the greatest RTS games ever made. WoW was in development of ages and DOMINATES the MMORPG scene to a horrific level. They aren't great innovators, but they know how to make amazing games, and they do it right. And as for their technical quality, WoW is the only Blizzard game I've ever had crash on me, and I've played them all.

BRING. IT. ON. I don't care if they have to delay WotLK and Starcraft 2 for this, I want Diablo III as soon as possible. Kill a zillion monsters, take their stuff, and do it all over battle.net. Awwwww yeah.

Kaodi

Hero
I have a feeling that Tyriel may be a villain in Diablo III... Though I could be wrong, since there are supposed to be Seven Lords of Hell. But, you know, he did destroy the corrupted World Stone, and his face is always covered, and he features rather, prominently, on the Diablo III website front page.

Pyrex

First Post
*knows he should resist, but is getting a powerful itch to go find his discs and reinstall D2 when he gets home*

I wonder if there's anything Diablo-esque out on the Wii...

Felon

First Post
Can ANYBODY tell me what the appeal is supposed to be behind the Diablo series? Because I just don't see it.

It's mindless point and click ad nauseam.
My recollections of Diablo is thus: Made up a warrior, killed one glowing red skeleton after another, eventually encountered a boss called "The Butcher", couldn't beat him as he did way too much damage with his meat cleaver. Asked friend who loaned me the game how he did it, he explained the trick was to play a ranged attacker and kite The Butcher between barriers of hanging chains that The Butcher wasn't smart enough to move around. Was pretty much done with the game after that. Very shallow and repetitive IMO.

Looks good. This and Fallout 3 are the only things on my gaming radar at the moment now...
I almost wish I had that problem. Civ Rev, Fable 2, Far Cry 2, Mercenaries 2, Saints Row 2, Too Human, Spore, and Fallout 3 all dominate my gaming radar. Too much money!

Last edited:

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I never played the second, but I have played the first countless times until it started giving me nightmares. I haven't played it since.

That's the sign you've been playing something too often.

I distinctly remember hacking through D2 skeletons in my dreams for a week, though I can't really count that as a nightmare. I mean, heck, they were only skeletons.

Brad (who also had Dynasty Warriors-esque life bars start popping up in his dreams...)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
That's the sign you've been playing something too often.

I distinctly remember hacking through D2 skeletons in my dreams for a week, though I can't really count that as a nightmare. I mean, heck, they were only skeletons.

Brad (who also had Dynasty Warriors-esque life bars start popping up in his dreams...)
How about seeing a plant pushing its way out of the soil, and immediately thinking 'Nirnroot!' :p

The Auld Grump, yes, I'm afraid that I really did think that - not that I thought that it was, but that upon seeing it it made me think 'Nirnroot!' because I had been watching for the silly things for over a week in the game....

Remove ads