Diablo III

Rackhir

Explorer
I had the exact same urge. Fortunately (?) it appears one of my install disks is damaged, so no D2 for me.

Actually, they have or are going to have a new service on their servers where all you need is the registration code and you can download the software from there and play without needing the disks. They're going to be doing this for all their older games IIRC.

Besides it could be worse. I literally had my D2:LoD disk explode in my computer's CD-rom drive. That was a mess picking out the pieces.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I hope Diablo 3 is like the previous Diablo ... that is, free-2-play online.

Then again, it would be foolish of Blizzard to pass up such an opportunity for increased revenue and profit.

Kaodi

Hero
I have a feeling that if they tried to charge for playing the game online, since it is not a MMORPG... the community support for Diablo III would evaporate.

Rackhir

Explorer
I hope Diablo 3 is like the previous Diablo ... that is, free-2-play online.

Then again, it would be foolish of Blizzard to pass up such an opportunity for increased revenue and profit.

I seriously doubt they're going to charge for online play with either Diablo III or Starcraft II. With the money they're raking in from WoW, they don't need to and while the online play is one of the best aspects of the older games, it's not the sort of thing people will pay for. Since it doesn't offer anything new or the kind of expansive world that most MMORGs offer.

timbuktu

First Post
Wait..what? I heard that Diablo 3 was probably close to being announced but I totally missed this.

Cool, I just hope Blizzard keeps to its heritage and makes the game so it will run on aging machines. My PC now that Im an old married man is looong overdue for an upgrade.

But its good to see D3 coming :)

Thanee

First Post
I just hope Blizzard keeps to its heritage and makes the game so it will run on aging machines.

Pretty sure they will.

It has always been part of Blizzard policy to make games that run on an average computer, and also a strong selling point for them.

Bye
Thanee

Roland55

First Post
It's really not 'my thing,' but my son (20) loved D1 and D2 and has already gathered the funds for D3.

Given his powerful internet/computer gaming addiction and his incredibly high level of sophistication, that says a lot.

Remove ads