• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diablo III

Dirigible

Explorer
The commentator keeps talking about how all the enemies pose different types of threats, but as he does so the barbarian just rips through everything without breaking stride. Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks less like a battle and more like slaughter.

Perhaps, sir, you missed the part where he leaped into the midst of a horde of ghouls, knocking some of them off a narrow bridge and into the abyss.

I call the moment that happened 'Awesome O'Clock'. It is now the basis for AST - Awesome Standard Time. AST is regulated by the vibration of an atom of Awesomium, which is acquired by take a ghoul and cutting it in half, then cutting one piece in half, and repeating this until you're left with a single, indivisible chunk of pure Awesome.

Some people think that Awesome can be split into 'flavours' of 'Win', but that's just silly.

Olli

First Post
In D1 you could do some absolutely ridiculous stuff... like kill Diablo in Hell at level 30 (solo, including getting there; I still have a screenshot from that, heh), which wasn't nearly as tough as what some guys did... a party of four warriors with ZERO magic (no spells, no magic items, nothing; just healing potions and white equipment) made it through Hell and defeated Diablo (this took *veeeeery* long). Stuff like that is completely impossible in D2.

well sorry to disagree, but it is entirely possible to go with a naked barbarian (one with no equipment) and beat the crap out of diablo. trust me, i have done it... (i still play d2, and believe me, its not much easier than d1).

that said, i hope they keep the gameplay simple and smooth, all what i want from a new diablo are new monsters,new dungeons and new LOOT:D

Amellia

First Post
well sorry to disagree, but it is entirely possible to go with a naked barbarian (one with no equipment) and beat the crap out of diablo. trust me, i have done it... (i still play d2, and believe me, its not much easier than d1).

that said, i hope they keep the gameplay simple and smooth, all what i want from a new diablo are new monsters,new dungeons and new LOOT:D

I was really psyched to see Diablo III announced... and then I saw the release date. September 2009? That means we're not getting it until summer of 2010, if not 2011. Curse it.

Thanee

First Post
well sorry to disagree, but it is entirely possible to go with a naked barbarian (one with no equipment) and beat the crap out of diablo. trust me, i have done it...

Nice. :)

What I meant, though, would translate to having spent NO talent points. ;)

Bye
Thanee

drothgery

First Post
By then, Intel and AMD will be shipping out Kilo-Core CPU. :p

I know you weren't being serious here, but there are a lot of important reasons why desktops and notebooks will not go beyond 4 cores for a long time. Quads are likely to last as mainstream desktops for a lot longer than duals do.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I know you weren't being serious here, but there are a lot of important reasons why desktops and notebooks will not go beyond 4 cores for a long time. Quads are likely to last as mainstream desktops for a lot longer than duals do.
That means I better invest in quads for my new desktop PC.

Hopefully next year, quad-core will be in laptops.

Nyeshet

First Post
Did the opening cinema remind anyone else of Midnight?

Something about the background music, the scene of the falling meteor, and the general feel of neglect, things going wrong, and terrible odds all reminded me rather strongly of the Midnight campaign setting.

I wonder if any of the developers of D3 ever played in that setting?

drothgery

First Post
That means I better invest in quads for my new desktop PC.

Hopefully next year, quad-core will be in laptops.

Extreme edition parts late this year (i.e. only in those too expensive to buy and too big to carry around 'gaming notebooks'). Upper midrange parts late next year. Mainstream parts in 2010.

Desktop duals are going to have better price/performance than quads for most apps at least until late next year. Maybe longer; it depends how the dual-core Core 3s (or whatever Intel ends up calling Nehalem) look and how aggresive AMD is on Phenom pricing.

Remove ads