Diablo IV

Andvari

Hero
The game released on Steam yesterday. AFAIK the first Blizzard game ever to release on Steam? Any opinions why they haven't done so before and why they choose to do it now?

I think, Overwatch 2 was the first to release on Steam. Not met with much love if we go by the ratings. Diablo 4 seems to fare better so far, but also only has middling ratings. Both seem to suffer from review bombing, though.
As for the reasons to release it there: the acquisition of Activision-Blizzard by Microsoft went through now. I assume a presence on Steam is part of a shifted strategy.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The game released on Steam yesterday. AFAIK the first Blizzard game ever to release on Steam? Any opinions why they haven't done so before and why they choose to do it now?
I think it's part of the anti-trust agreements for Microsoft to purchase them. There were a lot of discussions about Microsoft not being allowed to make everything an Xbox exclusive.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I think I'll check it out and play for the first time in months. Are necromancers decent now? I'm trying to decide between one of those and a barbarian this time around.

Reynard

Legend
I think I'll check it out and play for the first time in months. Are necromancers decent now? I'm trying to decide between one of those and a barbarian this time around.
Wait, weren't Necromancers stupidly OP before and that's one of the things they fixed, or is that a earlier patch?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Wait, weren't Necromancers stupidly OP before and that's one of the things they fixed, or is that a earlier patch?
They were OP during the beta testing and then over nerfed. I've been out of it for months, so maybe they got made OP again. Dunno. I made one for the seasonal and I'm walking through stuff like there's no tomorrow, but that might also be from other patch changes. 🤷‍♂️

Remove ads