Diablo IV

Reynard

Legend
My brother decided on a whim to upgrade my video card so I am curious to see if I reload that it chugs less when the hordes come. Old card was a 2070 Super and new card is a 3070 TI.

Plus I really like the regular gameplay loop but absolutely hate boss fights. Why are you making me suddenly play the game differently?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
My brother decided on a whim to upgrade my video card so I am curious to see if I reload that it chugs less when the hordes come. Old card was a 2070 Super and new card is a 3070 TI.

Plus I really like the regular gameplay loop but absolutely hate boss fights. Why are you making me suddenly play the game differently?
The boss fights feel very much like the D4 team does a lot of WoW raids.

Aldarc

Legend
Seeing people mad that the Blood Knight class isn't available in D4. Are there that many people still playing Diablo Immortal?
People have been wanting somthing like the Blood Knight for ages, even before Diablo 3 was released. So I think that it's pretty understandable that some fans are upset that (a) the controversial mobile game gets it but not Diablo 4, and (b) that there isn't a Blood Knight for the whole "Season of Blood." Honestly, if I were to introduce a Blood Knight into Diablo 4, I would have waited to do a whole vampire-themed season for Diablo 4.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
People have been wanting somthing like the Blood Knight for ages, even before Diablo 3 was released. So I think that it's pretty understandable that some fans are upset that (a) the controversial mobile game gets it but not Diablo 4, and (b) that there isn't a Blood Knight for the whole "Season of Blood." Honestly, if I were to introduce a Blood Knight into Diablo 4, I would have waited to do a whole vampire-themed season for Diablo 4.
I really like Diablo's take on vampires -- I'll be stealing a number of ideas from it for my vampire-themed Shadowdark Halloween adventure this month. I don't think they're likely to ever drop classes into a season, though. Maybe it would have been better for them to have held off on the Season of Blood and just do it as an expansion, complete with a Blood Knight.

I'm hoping they do more with the Drowned. They made a big deal of them before beta began, and in the game itself, they're just damp zombies. Lots of potential there, if they only dig in.

Aldarc

Legend
I really like Diablo's take on vampires -- I'll be stealing a number of ideas from it for my vampire-themed Shadowdark Halloween adventure this month.
Vampires have barely been in the game. I recall them being in Diablo 2: Act 2 in Horazon's Sanctuary. I can't remember them in Diablo 3. I have barely played enough Diablo 4 to understand what makes Diablo's take on vampires particularly interesting or noteworthy.

I don't think they're likely to ever drop classes into a season, though. Maybe it would have been better for them to have held off on the Season of Blood and just do it as an expansion, complete with a Blood Knight.
That's kinda my point. I would have saved this vampire-themed season for introducing the Blood Knight and done something else this season, like a mummy or Frankenstein's monster for Halloween.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Vampires have barely been in the game. I recall them being in Diablo 2: Act 2 in Horazon's Sanctuary. I can't remember them in Diablo 3. I have barely played enough Diablo 4 to understand what makes Diablo's take on vampires particularly interesting or noteworthy.
I think they're new in Diablo IV. They're explored in a bunch of side quests and a dungeon in Fractured Peaks. Vampirism started with a cursed goblet (a great idea I'm stealing) and spread through knights of the church sent to put down the threat.

Remove ads