Dice roller ...

James McMurray

First Post
irony.com has a web-based die roller that is prety nice. It has the perk of being able to email die results to people if you need to. I'm not sure if they have a downloadable version of it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

RigaMortus

Explorer
Open up Excel...

Go to the first cell...

Type:

=randbetween(1,6)

That's for a d6...

=randbetween(1,20)

That's for a d20...

=randbetween(3,18)

That's for 3d6...

Figure out the pattern yet? Good luck!

MerakSpielman

First Post
Yeah, I like irony.com's utilitys. I suspect, however, that he needs an actual program, and probably won't have web-access where he's using it.

Feliks, did you get yourself a crappy old laptop and dedicate it to D&D purposes, like I did?

I'm interested in a dice-rolling program, too.

DarkMaster

First Post
James McMurray said:
irony.com has a web-based die roller that is prety nice. It has the perk of being able to email die results to people if you need to. I'm not sure if they have a downloadable version of it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
I did my own in excel took two minutes and I can customize it to roll hundreds of dice at the same time if I want.

Feliks

First Post
I am getting a craptop to dedicate as a gaming machine. I wont have web access most of the places I will be at so I need one that works from the drive.

Going to look into that excel one but fear that the HD wont hold office on it.

jgsugden

Legend
RigaMortus said:
Open up Excel...

Go to the first cell...

Type:

=randbetween(3,18)

That's for 3d6...

Figure out the pattern yet? Good luck!
Gah! No! A random number between 3 and 18 is not the same as 3d6. The probability distribution is all wrong! Instead of a bell curve for probability, you end up with a box!

Last edited:

RigaMortus

Explorer
jgsugden said:
Gah! No! A random number between 3 and 18 is not the same as 3d6. The probability distribution is all wrong! Instead of a bell curve for probability, you end up with a box!

I know, I know... I just took the easy way out with that one... I didn't feel like typing up the whole expression... But I'll take a crack at it here, why not:

=SUM((randbetween(1,6))+(randbetween(1,6))+(randbetween(1,6)))

Is that about right?

MerakSpielman

First Post
You need:

=(randbetween(1,6)+randbetween(1,6)+randbetween(1,6))

or something...
edit: You beat me to it. But I don't think you need the SUM function unless you're pointing at other cells.

Last edited:

Remove ads