Did the Ads Recently Change on this Site (New Pop Ups)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Same here. The video pop-ups disappeared for a while (both on my phone and my desktop/laptop) but now they are back. The pop-up banner has persisted. I just now noticed that the video pop-up will return even if I do nothing and just leave the EN World tab open.
Could you show me a phone screenshot please? Then I can show it to the ad network folks. I’m unable to replicate that myself.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I just tried the browser to see what it's like. I went to www.enworld.org homepage as if I was visiting the site for the first time.

There is a long static add on the left that goes about 1 page down. There's the internal Tabletop RPG Talk ad. There's another ad right below that. There's rather large banner ad at the bottom. There's another ad on the right of the screen similar to the one on the left. And then in the right header beside the enworld logo there is another ad. Then if you scroll down past some of the D&D links on the left there's 2 more ads on the left. Though it was amusing to see the left, middle and bottom banner add all being for H&R block at the same time.

Took the screenshot and posted it below because you really need to see it to believe it. It's reminiscent of some of the early 2000's ad inundated sites.

Honestly, if I was a new to enworld and stumbled across the homepage looking like this, i'm probably moving along and never returning.

1707192088748.png

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
Could you show me a phone screenshot please? Then I can show it to the ad network folks. I’m unable to replicate that myself.
I don’t seem to be getting the video ads on my phone (iPhone, Safari). Just the banner:

IMG_5376.jpeg

But this is what it's looking like for me on my laptop (Chrome):

Screenshot 2024-02-06 170543.jpg

Last edited:

jgsugden

Legend
Here is a blown up screen shot from my cell - no video this time. However, the banner at the bottom is still there and blocking functionality.
1707220255141.png

Remove ads