• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diety Roleplay

Mephit James

First Post
I think racial deities are a good start, maybe Amletan created the first Elf, Human, Dwarf, etc. and those first became gods in their own right. They don't need to be the only racial deities, of course, Ephereme, for example, intends to meddle in human afairs pretty regularly to shape their exploration of the world.

As for a Rogue's Gallery: I'm all for it. I want to make a sheet, but people don't need to necessarily. Still, it'd be good to have a place where all of the "character descriptions" can be viewed altogether without all the clutter in between.

The now-infamous First Deity doesn't need to be explicitly stated, either. These are gods and it's definitely not beyond Amletan's means to multitask a little. Maybe the two Death gods each claim to be created before the other, but it's also possible that the Creator made them at the same time. Anaziel seems to be the real "first god" by default if his story is true. In any case, I've already made a timeline for Ephereme that he was born fairly soon after the creation of the world. We could all just post our individual beginnings and then figure this stuff out in RP discussion after. Creation's first war: the Battle of Primacy!

IC thread

RG thread
kingpaul:
Divine ranks are measures of divine power, they are described in dieties and demigods, vasically they are added to your hitpoints and checks and give you a salient divine ability per rank. I can't describe them very well but maybe someone else can
Oh and you have 17 of them(like the next 9 people)

Juggernaut

First Post
Arcayn

Arcayn Major Portfolio: Dark Elves and Evil Minor Portfolio: Trickery, Thievery, Chaos, and Assassination.

Last edited:

kingpaul

First Post
magic_gathering2001 said:
10 levels per rank for the first five ranks and 2 for every additional rank. So all of you who have 20 DR will have 70 levels.
Wait, I was just going through this again.

20 DR

10 * 5 = 50
2 * 15 = 30
total = 80

Did you mean '5 levels/rank for the first 10 ranks'? That'd result in

5 * 10 = 50
2 * 10 = 20
total = 70

Mephit James

First Post
kingpaul said:
20 DR

10 * 5 = 50
2 * 15 = 30
total = 80
I think this one. Man we are going to be some powerful immortals! Zeus doesn't even have a divine rank of 20... Which, of course, means the first order of business is to launch a war against the Olympian pantheon.

kingpaul

First Post
Mephit James said:
I think this one.
Which is why I want a ruling on this question and the outsider HD one. That'll dictate what classes get how many levels. As a DR 17 deity, I'll have either 74 levels((10 * 5) + (2 * 12)) or 64 levels ((5 * 10) + (2 * 7)).
Mephit James said:
Man we are going to be some powerful immortals! Zeus doesn't even have a divine rank of 20... Which, of course, means the first order of business is to launch a war against the Olympian pantheon.
LOL

LogicsFate

First Post
Mephit James said:
Man we are going to be some powerful immortals! Zeus doesn't even have a divine rank of 20... Which, of course, means the first order of business is to launch a war against the Olympian pantheon.

I call Ares, I've been after that jerk for years.

Mephit James

First Post
LogicsFate said:
I call Ares, I've been after that jerk for years.
Take him. I'm eyeing that sweet sun-chariot. Imagine the chicks you could pick up in that thing! By which I mean that any goddesses in our fledgling pantheon should please refrain from smiting me...

Remove ads