• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diety Roleplay

Llama: Mystic theurges are not an acceptable concern in addition to wizards: pick one. Also, you can not have Law as a chaotic diety (or both law and chaos without balance). In addition you may want to change machines, which may never exist to invention or innovation.

Secondly, LogicsFate I need a name for your diety.

Thirdly is there anyone who can't post daily? (there is nothing wrong with it but we should know so you aren't excluded.) And if you all can, going to post in the IC thead?

Fourthly, your diety can not exist without both of his major concerns and your DR may fluxuate if your minor concerns are nonexistant after the creation period so if you don't want to rely on others for your existance protect your intrests

kingpaul

First Post
magic_gathering2001 said:
Thirdly is there anyone who can't post daily? (there is nothing wrong with it but we should know so you aren't excluded.) And if you all can, going to post in the IC thead?
I can usually post every day during the week...weekends may get a bit dicey on occasion. There's also the upcoming holidays when I may not be around.
Fourthly, your diety can not exist without both of his major concerns and your DR may fluxuate if your minor concerns are nonexistant after the creation period so if you don't want to rely on others for your existance protect your intrests
So, for a minor portfolio item to stay in place, there has to be a deity that has it as a major? Just want to make sure.

Mephit James

First Post
kingpaul said:
So, for a minor portfolio item to stay in place, there has to be a deity that has it as a major? Just want to make sure.
I think there just needs to be the minor item in existence. One might run into trouble, though, if the deity of death were to fall in a godswar and a deity that was still around had death as a minor concern. In that case, maybe one's portfolio could be shuffled around with the still-living deity taking over death, dropping a major concern and picking up a new minor one. What do you say, magic?

LogicsFate

First Post
Fourthly: Your diety can not exist without both of his major concerns. Your DR may fluxuate if your minor concerns are lost after the creation process. So, if you don't want to rely on others for your existance, protect your intrests!

If I may, I belive what MG here is saying, is that your concerns, are your concerns.

Your minor concerns, if you lose them, will weaken you.

I.E two of my minors(Sun, War) Eclipes weaken me, so does peace on Oearth. They lower my DR

My Major concerns are my life line

I.E. Mine being(Humans, Law) If the world falls into complete Chaos or if all humans die, I cease to exist, unless of course anouther god wants to support me...

Last edited:

Nephtys

First Post
I hope it's not too late to join.

Matresia
Major (Life, Community) Minor (Farming, Artifice, Avarice, Nobility)

Basically a mother-goddess of civilisation, mostly Good and Lawful (but not strongly aligned). Preferring peaceful and gradual progress towards her goals.

Last edited:

James Heard

Explorer
I think, reasonably, I'm going to have to bow out of this one - not because I've got any real excuse but because the CivIV fairies came this weekend unexpectedly and I'm really just useless for anything else right now. Sorry! I thought I was gonna end up waiting till X-mas for this one.

kingpaul

First Post
James Heard said:
I think, reasonably, I'm going to have to bow out of this one - not because I've got any real excuse but because the CivIV fairies came this weekend unexpectedly and I'm really just useless for anything else right now. Sorry! I thought I was gonna end up waiting till X-mas for this one.
Completely understandable. Now, not to be stupid, but does that mean that Martok is now DR 20?

kingpaul

First Post
LogicsFate said:
King Paul: I believe you just have 17(which is still alot), as per post
Right, but with one of the DR 20 deities moving out, I was curious if Martok, the 1st DR 17, would move up. And yes, DR 17 is still quite a bit, I'm not arguing that. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads