• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion for a Kingdom of ashes

Laurel

First Post
the bride of chucky... should be in comedy

The_Universe said:
That seems reasonable.

I envision the next session beginning with meeting/sneaking Jaine into New Oceanus/Hyrwl (unless that happens before the next full session with a few players), and then moving into a brief pre-sneakery planning period, and then with sneaking into the city to do some palace scouting/cannon thievery.
Still the plan for this weekend? or is just a small group doing this?

Laurel

First Post
1 -Archonus (and at least one other) track Jaine & Co.
2- When we/they find them, we let Justice know (run back, use horses, mind meld, use Bob).
3- Justice comes on Thane carrying Xath.
4- Jaine gets on Thane with Justice and they go invisible (this way in case other plans need to be made quickly we have not wasted a spell earlier).
5- Xath turns into Jaine.
6- Justice takes Jaine to Link’s tree house
7- Justice drops Jaine off with Kareth (Arfin also if Greg is there) for protection.
8- Justice and Thain still invisible take off again and fly in another direction other then the direction of Xath & Co. When Justice is next seen she is fly into Hwyrl alone.
9- Justice can then head to the treehouse, but after people see her back and everything is fine.
10- Xath & Co. hopefully make it back with little resistance and go to Treehouse. With everyone there we go to next phase

This is the last plan of Jaine & co. I could find
Other option a---There is always just using Bob and Thane (or just thane) to farry people back and forth, but this will draw lots of attention and will take multiple trips.

Addition option b--- depending on how much Thane can carry- Kareth comes with Xath and Justice, and if Greg is there on sat then Arfin too... and we just have Jaine invisible instead of all of them, and she returns to normal once inside secure room with only Justice around.

I was figuring it could still be cool to have Jaine chat with Korienne and Duke then announce her to population. Priority one though is to get her into New Oceanus.

Laurel said:
Hey, hope everyone had a great weekend!!

So Justice as Queen.... (sorry just the (ie, me) part from above post)

That's my only question here- so we are putting Jaine up as Queen, but not ruler of us(except Archonus who pledged an oath). She's a figurehead only in essence?

Cool with it being our rebellion, and I will just see how it goes... and how the other characters adapt to lots of government work/speeches/and being held as leaders of the whole rebellion. I just saw it as us supporting so we can go around and do all those heroic things while Jaine starts to be set up and established as over ruler/queen of the organization.

Sorry, didn't mean for the "ie, me" thing to sound like I was trying to take over the entire administration... was just typing fast...

I want all of US... ie, the PCs to have the largest hand in the administrative work... while the NPCs provide us with advice and resources when necessary. I never meant to sound like I was trying to make myself queen of the game..

Apologies...

Laurel said:
Input from Duke is very welcome here- sicne he knows how this works, and possibly what strings to pull and such :)

[/color][/color]

To whom it may concern:
It has no doubt reached your ears by now that the city of Oceanus has fallen to vast forces bearing the banner of the Bluestar. The Barony of Hyrwl has taken in all refugees with open arms, yet our limited resources have put a strain on maintaining such a large group. At last estimates, the Barony now supports upwards of thirteen thousand people.
The Barony of Hyrwl also writes with glad tidings. The heir of the Woodshadow has shown herself at last and has come to take control of her legacy. I, L'Aurel Woodshadow, now serves as ruler of the newly expanded Barony after the untimely death of the King's appointed Baron Edriss Kiva.
In response to the onslaught of the Kingdom and the king's running to the North, the Army of the Phoenix has pledged to take back the city of Oceanus. I now ask the Nobles Council for aid to help those who wish to stand for the rightful throne, and to stand for a Council with the voice of the kingdom. Signed in view of the Light, L'Aurel Woodshadow Baroness Hyrwl

To whom it may concern:
It has no doubt reached your ears by now that the city of Oceanus has fallen to vast forces bearing the banner of the Bluestar. The Barony of Hyrwl has taken in all refugees with open arms, yet our limited resources have put a strain on maintaining such a large group. At last estimates, the Barony now supports upwards of thirteen thousand people.
The Barony of Hyrwl also writes with glad tidings. The heir of the Woodshadow has shown herself at last and has come to take control of her legacy. I, L'Aurel Woodshadow, now serves as ruler of the newly expanded Barony after the untimely death of the King's appointed Baron Edriss Kiva.
In response to the onslaught of the Kingdom and the king running to the North, the Army of the Phoenix has pledged to take back the city of Oceanus. I now ask the Rhynn family for aid to help those who wish to stand for the rightful throne, and against all of those who stand against it. Signed in view of the Light, L'Aurel Woodshadow Baroness Hyrwl

With all of us, Duke, and Korienne (if he will) standing up on balacony::L'Aurel, “People of Hyrwl and New Oceanus! Soon your homes will be free of these invaders thanks to the Army of the Phoenix! We have sent word beyond our walls to tell our story and plead our cause for aid while the king is too busy in the north. We have asked all –ALL- willing to join us in this fight against this plague that is spreading. Many of you have heard the words and wisdom of Lady Xath (or whatever full name she has/is using) who will tell you now what has been proposed and agreed upon” - obviously in more eloquent speech and more Xathy-

The letter to the Rhynns should detail the account of Oceanus, I think. Simply mentioning that it fell is excellent--but go into detail about the actual attack--talk about the usage of the king's cannons and stuff like that.
We're rebels, let them know why.

We don't want the letter to be an unending epic... but, we should fill them in on all the details since we are asking for their money...

Laurel

First Post
Banking issues

Xath message #198 said:
the duke and baroness should use the funds allotted (17,100 gp or some part thereof)

Just so we know- were did this go to?? It was, I think, the gold we found there in Hywrl as the barony money.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I personally think that Oceanus should be first...

However it's FINALS week and I have other things that need attention before I can concentrate on D&D...

Moreover, I think that it is very important to have everyone that is venturing into the city in one place to do the planning... message boards are okay for the suggestion of ideas... but, it's hard to actually make the plans here because not everybody has input on the boards...

Is there a time when people could get together to make plans this week?
With the potential exception of Greg (who may or may not be participating) everyone who will be playing if we play this weekend is using the boards.

The_Universe said:
With the potential exception of Greg (who may or may not be participating) everyone who will be playing if we play this weekend is using the boards.

It's just not very easy to discuss the possible ins, outs, ups, downs, and all that jazz on a message board... we should probably sit down, look at maps, and make a plan in person in order for it to be the most effective plan that we can make..

But, if that won't work, we'll have to compromise and do our best with the boards, not matter how inefficient for in-depth planning.

The_Universe

First Post
Captain's log: supplemental

The_Universe said:
In addition, there are at least 500 living humanoid-looking creatures serving as troops for the Draconids when you first scout them out...by week 4, that number has at least doubled. This number continues to grow, and in some cases you even see children joining their ranks.
I mentioned these guys before, but thought I would call attention to the original post in which they appeared. If you're going to pretend to be draconids, these are the easiest to pretend to be.

You've actually seen some things like these guys before--they attacked you in a Tavern in Thaneport, in fact...they were under the command of Captain John Darkson, and were wearing uniforms of the King's Marines...L'Aurel was able to tell that there was something wrong with them....what, you weren't sure.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
When we talked to Farathier after the attack on the monastary he told us the king's men were doing the wrong thing there (reason he came with us) and they were looking for a book to some blade or relic. That night, we settled the ninja's in, Arhconus tried to head of Jaine's execution in Thanesport, Justice and the rest of us healed or helped to heal others. Farathier in the middle of all this went through the library books, and found a book somehow linking/stating the isle of mouring to a magical blade/bow there (Oberon's bow?) He has been carrying around reading the book for these past months and only when Farathier mentioned Nightgrove to Father Dorn did the whole Isle of Mourning/Oberon's bow/he can not say much/and warnign of not to go there stuff come-out the day after the funeral.
This is correct.

Remove ads