Discussion for a Kingdom of ashes

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
We have ring gates??? Awesome. This provides an advantage, sort of, if one (several) of us ever need to get back to Hyrule instantantly. Gaseous form lets you slip through the smallest cracks and while you are gaseous, you weigh a miniscule amount. So for 3 people, that wouldn't cap the maximum weight transfer. And then for up to 5 people, with the ring of spell storing, i can alter self them into small creatures and they can use the dc 13 escape artist check to get through the ring. Reducing in size knocks weight to an eighth of normal. So we should be able to get the party -1, +2 shadows, back to hyrule instantaneously. I say party -1 because someone has to take care of the ring gate.
Interesting escape plan. Not one I would have thought of.

Xath said:
Also, since we have these, could we now replenish items?
Some of them, I am sure. Only stuff that will fit in the hole, though.

Xath said:
I was thinking that it would be really easy to put the statues back to normal with a few enlarged scrolls of stone shape (cast by randall or cawys) and a few potions of invis and greater invis. We could even hit both statues at the same time.
Well, even stone shape, in the hands of someone who is not an artist doesn't do you a lot of good. You'd just end up with charicatures of what the statues once were. Secondarily, you have to ask yourselves if damaging/repairing the statues is worth the expenditure of resources. Are there other targets that need attention, first? Is there a significant strategic (or even morale-based) benefit to doing this?

However, if you DO decide it's worth it, Xath's plan looks pretty well fleshed out.

Xath said:
We have a desperate need for information. They have spies all over our encampment and we don't know what they know that we need to know, and what we know that they now know because we know. Know.
No. ;)

Xath said:
I understand that we need to help the people of New Oceanus. But the question has been raised, where and how will we fight our battles? The answer is ours to choose...for now. But we need to act quickly or we will lose our edge.
I agree. :D

Xath

Moder-gator
Xath can do 1 or a combination of things. She can make 2 melee attacks in around (3 if hasted). The question being, will they hit.

Songwise, there are a few options:
Countersong~Useful against Blackadder. Lets subjects who are targets of a language based spell (like command) use the Bard's perform check as it's save if higher. The target also gets a save every round.
Inspire Courage~ +2 to damage and saves against charms and fear (not to attack)
Inspire Competence~+2 to a skill check
Song of Storms~ 1 5d8 lightning bolt per round with a successful (DC25) perform check
Song of the Wind~ every creature large or smaller must make a strength check equal to the perform check or be pushed out a 40ft radius from the bard. Ranged attacks into the sphere have a -8 penalty.

Applicable Spells:
Haste~ +1 to attack rolls and AC. 1 extra attack when you take a full attack action. +30 to movement.
Dimension Door~ I can take 3 people +myself.

Wands Usable:
Bull's Strength
Cure Moderate Wounds
Fireball 5th Level
Hold Person
Invisibility
Knock
Melf's Acid Arrow
Mirror Image
Seeming

Songs and wands can not be used in the same round. Every time I stop singing to use a wand, I have to use another daily Bardic Music ability. I have 11 per day, and have used 1, leaving me with 10.

Remove ads