• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion for a Kingdom of ashes

Archon

First Post
Grond smash!!!

my vote is for the increased fort save check roll thingy.
also.... the complete list as i have written it for the Shadows of the Phoenix.
mik aka "Alphabet"

Attachments

• Shadows of the Pheonix.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 61

The_Universe

First Post
It's monday morning! Time to get back to work, or at least back to pretending to work! I think we're actually going to get to play this weekend, so let's get this planning finalized! Huzzah!

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
I want the NPCs, especially Jaine, The Duke, Preston, Seaborne, and Fr. Dorn to be very involved. At the same time, this is our rebellion and I want it to stay that way.
I would not want them taking over the positions we hold... but, they do come in handy if the time comes for us to have to leave Hyrwl for more than a little while... we can leave them in charge.
I think that Jaine, Duke, Preston, and Seaborne are very useful resources and, for the most part, I think that we should ask for their advice whenever we can... but, overall management should be the responsibility of the characters interested in that particular aspect of the game... (ie, me)

If there are characters that do not want anything to do with this part of the game, then, let them go smash and the characters that want something to do with the management do it.
This seems reasonable. Not everybody has to be an administrator--I just wanted to make sure I wasn't boring everybody, or letting the game get bogged down in minutiae. As it stands, I just want to make sure that I have not crossed the line between letting things get boring, and stealing someone's thunder. Maybe there is a better way to ask this: Some people are interested in trying to administer the city. Other than Jeremiah and Liz, who else cares?

The_Universe

First Post
Two Requests

My electronic copy of the Stronghold Builder's Guide (SBG) won't open on my work computer--I'm not sure why. So, I need to get the information from someone else. What are the statistics and costs for freestanding walls of 1) packed earth and 2) wood (of the non-living variety).

The Duke may try to bring some of his own resources to bear on the problem of physical security, since it is ridiculously expensive.

Additionally, if anyone in the group wants to try their hand at cartography, I'd like to see a map (of some sort) of 'New Oceanus.' Link's tree should be roughly in the center, with tents/huts/etc. radiating outward for approximately 3/4 of a mile in all directions. The farthest edge of the camp is about 1/4 mile from the road where you ambushed Edriss on the east, and about 1/4 mile from Hyrwl to the south. The underground portal stone is approximately a mile northwest of the furthest edge of camp (making it 1.75 miles from the center of town). If somebody wants to take on this challenge, remember that this is mostly flat, forrested terrain. It's worth a bonus, of some sort.

Last edited:

Laurel

First Post
Monday morning...

Hey, hope everyone had a great weekend!!

So Justice as Queen.... (sorry just the (ie, me) part from above post)

That's my only question here- so we are putting Jaine up as Queen, but not ruler of us(except Archonus who pledged an oath). She's a figurehead only in essence?

Cool with it being our rebellion, and I will just see how it goes... and how the other characters adapt to lots of government work/speeches/and being held as leaders of the whole rebellion. I just saw it as us supporting so we can go around and do all those heroic things while Jaine starts to be set up and established as over ruler/queen of the organization.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
This seems reasonable. Not everybody has to be an administrator--I just wanted to make sure I wasn't boring everybody, or letting the game get bogged down in minutiae. As it stands, I just want to make sure that I have not crossed the line between letting things get boring, and stealing someone's thunder. Maybe there is a better way to ask this: Some people are interested in trying to administer the city. Other than Jeremiah and Liz, who else cares?
I know I am fine with administration stuff this way -postings-, but during game time I would much rather the action since that is the only time it can happen and action involves everyone in the group :)

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Hey, hope everyone had a great weekend!!

So Justice as Queen.... (sorry just the (ie, me) part from above post)

That's my only question here- so we are putting Jaine up as Queen, but not ruler of us(except Archonus who pledged an oath). She's a figurehead only in essence?

Cool with it being our rebellion, and I will just see how it goes... and how the other characters adapt to lots of government work/speeches/and being held as leaders of the whole rebellion. I just saw it as us supporting so we can go around and do all those heroic things while Jaine starts to be set up and established as over ruler/queen of the organization.
Good questions. I can't speak to what everybody thinks, but I can tell you that the Universe has been envisioning...

Jaine will be the Queen--of everybody, as far as you're concerned. You have a somewhat unique perspective because you're the ones who are setting her up as such. She has the blood, she has a legitimate claim, and thus she WILL BE queen. She'll the the people's queen, and she'll be your queen, as well. Even if you don't attach any penalties/benefits to it, you all will need to be seen swearing fealty to her, when she arrives, just as you all probably need to be seen swearing fealty to L'Aurel, as Baroness. All of this is about the appearance of legitimacy, regardless of whether it actually exists.

You'll still be able to run around and do all of the heroic things you want/need to do. But now you'll have some direction, you'll have a ruler that you can believe in, and as a side-effect, you'll also have a prominent role in whatever kingdom manages to rise from the events of the past few weeks. You guys are the Che Gueverras to her Fidel Castro, you are the Francis Marions to Jaine's George Washington--she's more than a figurehead, but you're all more than just soldiers. You're the elites, the leaders of the rebellion--she's Mon Mothma, and you're all Princess Leias. You still get to go blow up shield generators, but you get to give speeches, too.

Hope that helps, and allays any fears.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
I know I am fine with administration stuff this way -postings-, but during game time I would much rather the action since that is the only time it can happen and action involves everyone in the group :)
This is exactly what I hope to accomplish. Magic, action, and drama for the session. Interesting long-term stuff for the boards/e-mail. Please, pass the info along to those who aren't using the boards/e-mail.

Remove ads