• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion for a Kingdom of ashes

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
1. The military stuff looks really cool. I have no idea what it means. But it looks cool. So keep it up.
The military stuff, as presented so far, is really not that complicated--just numbers. What Jermiah is looking for is some player input on how to organize your burgeoning army. When he and I spoke last, we had semi-settled on using the 8 man squad for "regular" units, and a 10-man squad for some of the more esoteric work. If you ask him (or me) we'd be happy to explain the relative strengths and weaknesses thereof. I think he was also looking for inspiration for naming things...

Xath said:
3. Kennon, your initials, though similar to my own, will never be as cool.
My initials are far cooler than yours, because I am the very apex of cool, sexy danger. Ask Liz.

Xath said:
4. Dealing with Mr. McHalf-Orc. I vote for Jaine to deal with him. She's alot hotter than Xath, and if she's successful, then we'll have an ally, not only for us, but for the new Queen too.
Technically, Xath is hotter than Jaine. Also, Jaine is married, making her reasonably less attractive as a potential mate to NPCs of the lawful good variety. Presumably, if you can convince Korienne to join your cause with the understanding that Jaine exists, that won't cease to be when he actually meets her. As it stands, springing it on him may not be a very good idea.

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
There are lots of things that I Justice knows-- however, I've been waiting for the breakfast club email.

I'll just write them all down tomorrow and email them out.

However, our army depends on the open rebellion to the thrown. Without it, we loose the bluemages. We NEED the bluemages.
--please use the board and not e-mail if it is going to everyone :) thanks!

Laurel

First Post
I agree that we need hard proof, as diplomacy is good and possibly do-able but having both would be really cool! We were already planning a trip into Oceanis, and that was for the palace- so we try for both or just see who lives from the first attempt.
If we have proof then using diplomcay to say -look king really is bad and here's other stuff to that we can not show you, and hey here's the rightful queen, and we want to get your city back. Makes it much more assured as a group front, and mass emotions sway easier :)

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Does the barricade/wall around the city go in a complete semi-circle from cliff to cliff? also, can we see anythign with the boats- are they still there? have more joined? Is the water still all frozen from the white dragons?
The wall completely surrounds the city, going from cliff to cliff. However, it is more of a rectangle than a semi-circle. I made a rudimentary map that I will post when I get a chance. The wall is patrolled by draconids of various types, and is approximately 50 feet high. It is made of stone.

As far as you can tell, the entirety of the enemy fleet is docked at Oceanus. If any ships have left, there have been so few so as to make their leaving unnoticeable. There are also a large number of vessels that were caught in the bay languishing in the docks or out in the harbor. However, during the invasion itself, the enemy fleet let most of the ships trying to leave, do so...in short there are probably 50 more vessels than there were before, most of which appear to be native to the Falcon Kingdom.

The water has thawed, and the draconids have started using the repaired docks. Tyrannosaurs are using their incredible strength to operate the cranes and winches, at the behest of Kerren, Dahaka, and Ladonids.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
The wall completely surrounds the city, going from cliff to cliff. However, it is more of a rectangle than a semi-circle. I made a rudimentary map that I will post when I get a chance. The wall is patrolled by draconids of various types, and is approximately 50 feet high. It is made of stone.
Has anyone studied it to see if there is a pattern in the watch change, or if there is a time when they only have a skeleton (light) watch on patrol?
Are they coming out into the surrounding area at all?
Depending on this, I would recommend then for our sneak approach not going head on, unless it is as a diverstion for team sneak to get around.

The_Universe said:
As far as you can tell, the entirety of the enemy fleet is docked at Oceanus. If any ships have left, there have been so few so as to make their leaving unnoticeable. There are also a large number of vessels that were caught in the bay languishing in the docks or out in the harbor. However, during the invasion itself, the enemy fleet let most of the ships trying to leave, do so...in short there are probably 50 more vessels than there were before, most of which appear to be native to the Falcon Kingdom.
So we could show people, look ships left, but look who came now -king's ships-- maybe just another thing we can add as proof the king is bad and to tie him to the fall of Oceanis.

The_Universe said:
The water has thawed, and the draconids have started using the repaired docks. Tyrannosaurs are using their incredible strength to operate the cranes and winches, at the behest of Kerren, Dahaka, and Ladonids.
Possible way of entry for sneak attack
So all the little sea creatures are back... or still cowering in fear far, far away?

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
On another note, a Steeldrake Cannon weighs between 500-1000 pounds, depending on size.
So arfin and kareth might be able to get one....
What about the cannon balls- do they have symbols on them? --hey, it was in a few movies to write messages to your enemies on the cannon balls or missiles--

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Has anyone studied it to see if there is a pattern in the watch change, or if there is a time when they only have a skeleton (light) watch on patrol?
No one has done this. There are regular guard posts every 80 yards, or so, and each of these posts has at least a half-dozen archers facing outward, and a half-dozen facing toward the center of the city. In addition, there are at least 2 draconids patrolling the wall between each post. The patrols change at a different time than the archers, and they change by individuals, not by unit. Thus, at any given time, there are fresh troops on every section of the wall. In the four corners of the wall, there are much larger units, theoretically able to move to any breech in the wall quickly, should it be necessary. There is a single, narrow gate in the center of the western wall. It has yet to open, for ANYTHING (that you know of).

The patrols/archers seem roughly equally concerned about keeping people in as they are keeping people out. To aid in this, there is a wide, cleared area (no man's land) on BOTH sides of the wall. Thus, anyone approaching the wall from within or without should be able to be easily seen.

Laurel said:
Are they coming out into the surrounding area at all?
Only to pursue any humanoids that try to leave the area. In addition, wyvern aerial cavalry occasionally leave the shelter of the walls.

Laurel said:
So we could show people, look ships left, but look who came now -king's ships-- maybe just another thing we can add as proof the king is bad and to tie him to the fall of Oceanis.
I think I was unclear, before. The 50 extra ships aren't really extra...they're just native ships that are being used by the draconids, because they were left in the harbor. You don't notice any EXTRA ships, but it's hard to know for sure, since you guys didn't really get a count of the ships that were in the harbor when the invasion started. You've only seen (while scrying) a few ships (less than a doezen) entering or leaving the harbor since you left the city.

Laurel said:
So all the little sea creatures are back... or still cowering in fear far, far away?
Still far, far away, as far as you can tell.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads