• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Discussion for a Kingdom of ashes

The_Universe said:
On another note, a Steeldrake Cannon weighs between 500-1000 pounds, depending on size.

Well, it will take a little creative work, but, Thane can carry that much-- it'll be a heavy load and so, he won't be flying as quickly as he normally could... but-- if we can find a way to strap the cannon to him, he will be able to transport it pretty much anywhere within a 16 hour radius.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
So arfin and kareth might be able to get one....
What about the cannon balls- do they have symbols on them? --hey, it was in a few movies to write messages to your enemies on the cannon balls or missiles--
All steeldrakes and steeldrake shot created in the royal foundries carry the King's seal imprinted on the iron (or bronze) during their casting. They are usually part of the mold. Even most of the stuff made in the frozen north and smuggled south has the Bluestar's mark on it. The largest royal foundries are the Thunderheart foundries in Khaz Modan in the Southern Hills of Prydein, and the Bloodaxe Foundries in Arutha's Forge. There are a few smaller foundries scattered around the kingdom, the most notable is in Caer Albion, and is used specifically for Talon weapons.

It's possible that they made their own, but if they did that, why don't they have more of them? They don't appear to be short of metals, so it's likely that they lack the technology at all, and are simply borrowing it from their patron in the area.

Laurel

First Post
So we are planning the inflitration (team Archonus) of Oceanis at week 6? Otherwise we may have other info. by day 25 when we start after jaine and hear about Arutha forge.

Last edited:

Just on another note..

Justice has been scouting the changing of the gaurds. She flies near to the city every day to watch what's going on inside...

I've just been waiting for Kennon to answer the questions that I've asked...

So-- someone has been checking on the draconid guards and the like.

Last edited:

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
All steeldrakes and steeldrake shot created in the royal foundries carry the King's seal imprinted on the iron (or bronze) during their casting. They are usually part of the mold. Even most of the stuff made in the frozen north and smuggled south has the Bluestar's mark on it. The largest royal foundries are the Thunderheart foundries in Khaz Modan in the Southern Hills of Prydein, and the Bloodaxe Foundries in Arutha's Forge. There are a few smaller foundries scattered around the kingdom, the most notable is in Caer Albion, and is used specifically for Talon weapons.

It's possible that they made their own, but if they did that, why don't they have more of them? They don't appear to be short of metals, so it's likely that they lack the technology at all, and are simply borrowing it from their patron in the area.
I was just thinking we could just get a cannon ball instead of a whole cannon- if we are just going for proof, but when we tell people we can say there were cannon's too. As for using Thane... there are all sorts of areial issues there -dragons and flying army- so unless you guys were invisible and undetectable once you got it it could work....

Laurel said:
So we are planning the inflitration (team Archonus) of Oceanis at week 6? Otherwise we may have other info. by day 25 when we start after jaine and hear about Arutha forge.

Tonight, when Kennon gets home, he and I need to go through everything that has happened to form a timeline of our stay at Hyrwl so that we have a solid record of what exactly is going on.

If any of you have specifically done something at a specific time, email it to me or post it so that I can be sure to include it.

Also, the military decisions should probably wait until I have a Mik and a Kaereth to discuss...

We'll figure out what week that will be tonight.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
That seems reasonable.

I envision the next session beginning with meeting/sneaking Jaine into New Oceanus/Hyrwl (unless that happens before the next full session with a few players), and then moving into a brief pre-sneakery planning period, and then with sneaking into the city to do some palace scouting/cannon thievery.

The_Universe said:
On a general note, I have a question for the group. How proactive do you want the major NPCs to be? Is this your rebellion, or is it more something that you are just attaching yourselves to? The Duke can really start pulling strings (for instance), but the more he does, the more it will be his settlement and army than yours, if that makes any sense. Thus far, I have tried to let you guys do most of the management, but it just ocurred to me that you might not find any of this kind of stuff interesting. If you don't, let me know, and you guys can concentrate on the stuff that IS interesting, whatever that may be.

I want the NPCs, especially Jaine, The Duke, Preston, Seaborne, and Fr. Dorn to be very involved. At the same time, this is our rebellion and I want it to stay that way.
I would not want them taking over the positions we hold... but, they do come in handy if the time comes for us to have to leave Hyrwl for more than a little while... we can leave them in charge.
I think that Jaine, Duke, Preston, and Seaborne are very useful resources and, for the most part, I think that we should ask for their advice whenever we can... but, overall management should be the responsibility of the characters interested in that particular aspect of the game... (ie, me)

If there are characters that do not want anything to do with this part of the game, then, let them go smash and the characters that want something to do with the management do it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads