Discussion - General Discussion Thread '08

thegreyman

First Post
Is it still possible for us LLtQ-ers to get some items made by those in the MA? I know we are "stretching" time as it is for us to make it into the MA, so I was wondering if it was possible to stretch things a little more for us to spend some cash at other PC's shops. We would be trying to pump some money into the local economy, isn't that a good thing? ;)

B4cchus

Explorer
If the characters are present and willing that shouldn't be a problem. Due to LEW time physics you made it back before the group leaves Orussus.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh, Manzanita--any objection to the use of one of your NPCs for a minor appearance in my Council?

Check here long post last paragraph. He just seemed the perfect guy for Monemvassia to send ;)

On a related sidenote for the general MA-going public--that was a really loooong post to write. If you have enough Knowledge to read through the sometimes-5x-nested SBLOCKs, you will see why. If not, well, then it's still kinda long. I think I'm going to collapse into sleep in a minute.

Phoenix8008

First Post
General question I thought best to ask here first. Had an idea for the future fo rmy Soulknife character Phoenix. I thought it would be neat to put some skill ranks into something that would enable her to do tattoos. Firstly on herself, but maybe also one others that wanted it. First question is: what skill would that be? Craft?

If so, would it then be possible to open up a shop to charge for tattoos that PC's might want? Thought it would be unique and interesting to do if possible. Of course none of this could really happen until she finishes the adventure she's on and gets back to Orussus again. So plenty of time to figure out what if anything is possible ahead of time.

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Oh, Manzanita--any objection to the use of one of your NPCs for a minor appearance in my Council?

Check here long post last paragraph. He just seemed the perfect guy for Monemvassia to send ;)

Perfect :p I think with Rinaldo, Tenebrynn, Ashnar and Nurlan around the table, four knight of Monemvassia, Monemvassia have a better set of delegates then Frump.

B4cchus

Explorer
Phoenix8008 said:
General question I thought best to ask here first. Had an idea for the future fo rmy Soulknife character Phoenix. I thought it would be neat to put some skill ranks into something that would enable her to do tattoos. Firstly on herself, but maybe also one others that wanted it. First question is: what skill would that be? Craft?

If so, would it then be possible to open up a shop to charge for tattoos that PC's might want? Thought it would be unique and interesting to do if possible. Of course none of this could really happen until she finishes the adventure she's on and gets back to Orussus again. So plenty of time to figure out what if anything is possible ahead of time.

Definately craft (tattoo).
I don't see why you couldn't set up a shop for that. Sounds cool!

Reminds me of a Dabu named Fell....

Manzanita

First Post
Rystil Arden said:

I'm honored that you included him and took the time to read at least part of my adventures. Frump, of course, was responsible for the first of Ashna's (Ashnar's) several deaths. He's a total mercenary, with a background at the Academy. If he's treated well in Monemvasia, then he's probably pretty loyal. Until something better comes along, anyway.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
I'm honored that you included him and took the time to read at least part of my adventures. Frump, of course, was responsible for the first of Ashna's (Ashnar's) several deaths. He's a total mercenary, with a background at the Academy. If he's treated well in Monemvasia, then he's probably pretty loyal. Until something better comes along, anyway.
Funny story that--on reading the Monemvassia write-up, I first wanted to use the other guy, but when I searched the forum for that name, I found the post about him being dead and replaced by Frump, who I knew about from musings by Ashnar, Tenebrynn, and Rinaldo, so I thought "Too perfect!"

thegreyman

First Post
Would it be possible to get a new listing of players that are free? Since it appears most of the higher levels are busy saving the world, I think I'm going to shelve a previous adventure proposal, and work on one for people that are free. I think I've seen 3 1st's or so in the RDI, but I'm not too sure...

Remove ads