D&D 5E Companion Thread to 5E Survivor - Adventures

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
That supports my hypothesis that it didn't get votes because lots of people aren't sufficiently familiar with it. Once the choice down to that or something the voter does know, it gets votes.
Its gotten to last 3 - it seems that lots of people did vote for it

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
To get to the last 3, it just needs to avoid downvotes, it doesn't need upvotes.
I think that applies in early stages but very few get to the end without some upvotes. In this case Withchlights highest vote was 30, the two leaders got to over 40 - the top 3 have been pretty stable for most of the voting

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
My "favorite" in this contest was a three-way tie between these three: Witchlight for its whimsical and dreamlike adventures involving the fey, Saltmarsh for its nautical and seafaring vibes, and Yawning Portal for its old-school classics like "White Plume Mountain" and "Sunless Citadel."

I hated to eliminate it, but I didn't want to drag this contest out any further than it needed to be. Sorry Witchlight; I'll see you in a few weeks at our table.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
My "favorite" in this contest was a three-way tie between these three: Witchlight for its whimsical and dreamlike adventures involving the fey, Saltmarsh for its nautical and seafaring vibes, and Yawning Portal for its old-school classics like "White Plume Mountain" and "Sunless Citadel."

I hated to eliminate it, but I didn't want to drag this contest out any further than it needed to be. Sorry Witchlight; I'll see you in a few weeks at our table.
I mentioned my favorites earlier -- it's not poker, it's a poll! I liked some of the modules that made it into TotYP, but not all of them were great. Similarly, I liked most of the scenario sin GoS, but not all of them are equally good -- "Salvage Operation" in particular is just a single encounter, not a long adventure, so it throws off the XP when you run them as written. The only one that was on the list that I didn't feel like any one section was weak was Murder in Baldur's Gate, but once people knew it was my favorite it got eliminated pretty quickly, it seems.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
"Salvage Operation" in particular is just a single encounter

"A single encounter" that took 3 five-hour sessions for one of my groups and 4 three-hour sessions for my other group (minus getting there and back and some other bracketing maritime shenanigans) - also a favorite for me and both groups!

But maybe that length and everything we got out of is because of how I ran it and the way I changed some of the context to tie it more tightly to the ongoing Saltmarsh plot. There was a lot of negotiating, fighting, ship exploring, etc. . .

Remove ads