Discussion - General Discussion Thread '09

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
LEW is doing better than LEB. Looks like its going to go the way of LS and die quietly. I'll post a few things over there, but we'll see.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
LEW is doing better than LEB. Looks like its going to go the way of LS and die quietly. I'll post a few things over there, but we'll see.
To follow up on this, I've posted a thread discussing the future of LEB here. I realize this is off-topic over here, but there are some ex-LEBers in LEW so I wanted to let them know.

Theroc

First Post
If Cray has been approved, that makes at least 3 level 1 characters in the RDI.

Viktor, Zani, and Cray.

Seems we're getting close to an appropriate size for an adventure.

orsal

LEW Judge
From the Tavern thread:

Richard Rawen said:
What do you think, any judges about? Richard is now gainfully employed and hardly around to seek adventure, although I'm sure he could be talked into one should he find the potential companions worthy.
He would seek other lodgings were he thinking of abandoning adventuring entirely... yet with a mere 49 EXP between him and his next level... (5th, Fighter) *sigh* it does seem a shame not to find a way to level up at least
Thanks in advance for your feedback, RR

Many of us are around... but I'm not clear what it is you're asking the judges about.

Boddynock

First Post
As I understand it, Richard is asking if, now that he's got a job (apprenticed to Tarag at Tarag's Forge), he has to pay for room and board at the RDI.

My answer to this is that he doesn't. The job system is to generate a little extra cash for adventurers between gigs, not to cost them more in inn fees.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Aye Boddynock, that was my question. Thanks for the answer, I'm just trying to stir things as many ways as I can... the way I see it, stirring interest, making posts on whatever I can think of, is my contribution to keeping LEW around. I'm not the vet many of you are, but I've enjoyed the ... (wow, it was three years in May!) ... that I've been on the boards. I'll keep poking around, hopefully not all just idle crap, but I'm sure I'm not the most interesting of fellows... still, I'll try :)

orsal

LEW Judge
As I understand it, Richard is asking if, now that he's got a job (apprenticed to Tarag at Tarag's Forge), he has to pay for room and board at the RDI.

My answer to this is that he doesn't. The job system is to generate a little extra cash for adventurers between gigs, not to cost them more in inn fees.

I agree. Lots of PCs have used the job system, but I don't think any have started paying Joe for anything.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The question of Razh's past has come up in the RDI. I've been thinking about it off and on for... uh, 5 years now. =D And I still don't know what creatures destroyed his clan. I'm inclined to say destrachan, but I wanted to make sure a potential DM had enough freedom to do whatever he wanted.

Once Rasereit said, "Cold, intelligent beasts, with weapons that..." Destrachan, with their sonic attacks and sadistic nature certainly fit that description. What do you guys think?

Remove ads