Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Huh, are you sure about the timing? I seem to recall that we were still busy planning our escape at that point, but maybe my memory is faulty...
I think that you were out but still dividing loot.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Solange said:
You can still access your posted to list from your Control Panel.

Right, but that doesn't solve a number of other problems like subscribing to a new thread or checking your subscriptions that don't have new posts.

Wik

First Post
Hey all. I have a little bit of a "problem" with my Tomas Quinn adventure.

Namely, the PCs are talking about dropping into the RDI for someone with ranks in Knowledge (Geography) in the hopes of deciphering a map.

I have no problem with them doing this - in fact, I think it's rather clever of them to think about using the RDI as a resource. Only thing is, they'll be accessing PCs that are not under my purview as GM. And since those PCs will be using a skill to help out my group, they should be rewarded XP, right?

So, how do I deal with this? Can I get a judge to award whichever PC steps up to the task a small amount of XP (maybe 100 or so)?

Velmont

First Post
Not necesserly, if the team want to pay for that use it will be a reward for itself. I don't think the roll of a skill worth XP. That's my opinion.

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
Not necesserly, if the team want to pay for that use it will be a reward for itself. I don't think the roll of a skill worth XP. That's my opinion.

I tend to agree, though if you wanted to award a small amount of xp (25?) as a bonus, it seems to me the PC in question is temporarilly in your adventure... even if your adventure has moved into the inn. Therefore, it's within your purview as DM to award the xp.

After all, if the map is cursed, the PC in the Red Dragon Inn might find himself in your adventure after all, and might get a lot more than they bargained for! It would be an interesting recruitment method. ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Yeah, I'd give GP and not XP. 100 XP can be a lot for 1st-level or 2nd-level characters, one or two month's worth of time XP.

Knight Otu

First Post
I'd agree that generally such a character shouldn't get XP unless he's drawn into the adventure that way.

More on the crafting front: Assuming Tenebrynn lets me copy his enlarge person, Ashnar will craft a wand of enlarge person for Tor, costing me 375 gold, 30 XP, and 75 craft. Tor will pay me 525 gold pieces for this.

Wik

First Post
The GP reward is fine and all, but the impetus on that lies on my players. If they so choose to give no GP at all, it kinda seems like they're leaving the PC that helped them in the lurch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads