Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouvere

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
About forty miles (which would put it on the other side of the Elbereth Sound with Grenton's relocation), and it's really little more than a few buildings and fields on each side of a poor road. Geographically, it wouldn't be a big loss, but it's been part of the story.
I see. Was Felden clearly established to not be near the coast? The nearness or otherwise of the sea to Grenton hasn't been mentioned during Aether, so perhaps the Orussus-Allimon road could be looped just a bit further to the south to make room for Felden right on the southern shore of the Sound.

Knight Otu

First Post
Trouvere said:
I see. Was Felden clearly established to not be near the coast? The nearness or otherwise of the sea to Grenton hasn't been mentioned during Aether, so perhaps the Orussus-Allimon road could be looped just a bit further to the south to make room for Felden right on the southern shore of the Sound.
Well, not with words, but I had a map that made establishing it with words unneccessary, since Felden was supposed to be about half-way between Allimon and Grenton, and there being little coast in that direction. Besides, the Feldeners have mentioned getting little traffic since Grenton had its "drought," and if it were near to the coast, there'd be a little bit more traffic, I would suspect.
Since I mention it...
[sblock=old map]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Hm. I didn't bother to check EternalSword's sources, and even if I had, I still would've been misled... =P Well, we can always exploit Enworld's funky time-space continuum and say that Grenton mysteriously changed places, or perhaps the time ripples on the road to Allimon were especially heavy for the past week, and caused travelers to be diverted to Grenton in mere hours rather than days.

Or we can relocate KO's Grenton. This kind of thing is bound to come up in an PbP world, we just need to decide which location is canon, and handwave the other references away. Personally, I'm for keeping the original spot and chalking discrepancies up to the Enworphant.

On a completely unrelated note, all this talk about feat rogues and urban rangers has made me more aware of the barbarian totem variants. (I knew they existed before, but I never really read into them.) I'm not sure when they got approved, whether it was before or after I made Rasereit (my dwarven barbarian), but the Horse totem fits him so well, it's uncanny. What's the chance that he could change from standard barbarian to Horse barbarian this late in the game? Might a psychic reformation or the spending of DM credits sway your opinion in my favor?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Hm. I didn't bother to check EternalSword's sources, and even if I had, I still would've been misled... =P Well, we can always exploit Enworld's funky time-space continuum and say that Grenton mysteriously changed places, or perhaps the time ripples on the road to Allimon were especially heavy for the past week, and caused travelers to be diverted to Grenton in mere hours rather than days.

Or we can relocate KO's Grenton. This kind of thing is bound to come up in an PbP world, we just need to decide which location is canon, and handwave the other references away. Personally, I'm for keeping the original spot and chalking discrepancies up to the Enworphant.

On a completely unrelated note, all this talk about feat rogues and urban rangers has made me more aware of the barbarian totem variants. (I knew they existed before, but I never really read into them.) I'm not sure when they got approved, whether it was before or after I made Rasereit (my dwarven barbarian), but the Horse totem fits him so well, it's uncanny. What's the chance that he could change from standard barbarian to Horse barbarian this late in the game? Might a psychic reformation or the spending of DM credits sway your opinion in my favor?
Blame it on Elayna Valsice. She's an easy scapegoat. And her tower was coterminous with the prime at the time, so it might even be possible.

As for the Barbarian variant, I'd say by now it's a bit late, but I'd be okay with it if you had a PsyRef all the way down to level 1 to switch class variants back to that level.

Knight Otu

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I still would've been misled... =P
*Starts sobbing uncontrollably* :p

OK, it's my own fault creating that unfollowable gordian tangle that rarely updated. Never again more than five characters if I DM.

Knight Otu

First Post
I've posted the adventure summary for Slaves of the Dragon in the appropriate thread. I'll repost it to the wiki tomorrrow when I have time to do the formatting (unless we need to figure out the problem of the Wanderlust Village first?). I still want to do a Volidar's retelling, but that may have to wait.

orsal

LEW Judge
Rae ArdGaoth said:
What's the chance that he could change from standard barbarian to Horse barbarian this late in the game?

Hmm... that means giving up Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, and Trap Sense. How many times up to now has he used those?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Improved Uncanny Dodge he doesn't have (since he's Brb 4/Ftr 2) so never. Trap Sense: Never (also, I've always thought it strange that barbarians have trap sense at all...). Uncanny Dodge: At least once (I remember an incident in Bront's Niobe's Dilemma), probably more. I do remember Rasereit almost died in that fight, I'll go back and check it closely to see if not having Uncanny Dodge would have killed him.

Bront

The man with the probe
orsal said:
Hmm... that means giving up Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, and Trap Sense. How many times up to now has he used those?
I agree. It's one thing to do it at first level, or maybe even 2nd level, but it's a little late now.

I do think that Rystal's suggestion of Psychic Reformation would be an acceptable option though, as it's similar to rewriting feats.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Okay, I reread Niobe's Dilemma, and he didn't use uncanny dodge in that fight at all. But I absolutely understand the hesitance to allow the change so late. I've been playing him for 3 years now, after all... Oh well, I don't really think Rasereit would let anyone use their psychic powers on him, for whatever purpose, so I'll just be content with uncanny dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads