Discussion - General Discussion Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
There will be some, but thegreyman has first dibs for his cool adventure that tried to recruit on the same day as the M-A and he kindly tabled for a bit to avoid confusion (thanks thegreyman!). I know Rae is grabbing the NotA folks again, but there's a few other games ending soon that I suspect will lead to more players needing adventures in the near future.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
Thanks. You might consider aging the thread so it doesn't take up space on the first page, but I suspect it won't be long there, anyway.
We don't practice chronomancy here :p

I should do writeups of my old adventures.

thegreyman

First Post
Well, I'm not too important, so I can wait for a while. Plus I think most of the players that were in the right level range for mine are either in the Mega or resnagged by Rae. I'll wait til I can find a group of people at about the same level and then rebalance it for them.

Knight Otu

First Post
Humm, it seems we may have had some mistranscriptions that have gone unnoticed with regards to Grenton. In Slaves of the Dragon, it lay south (or rather south-south-west) of Allimon, south-west to south-south-west of Orussus, and north-west of Lathirn. In the side thread "Beneath Grenton," I mentioned that Allimon almost lies on a line between Grenton and Orussus ('almost' still meaning miles off the line, of course).
In El Jefe's summary, that somehow turned into "Grenton lies almost on a line between Orussus and Alimon." Which, you could say, isn't all that wrong if you allow for extending the line past these two points.
In Notes on the Aether, however, Grenton was put definitely between Orussus and Allimon, and thus in a region that hostile kobolds and were-monitor lizards wouldn't have touched with a ten-mile pole for the time being...

Trouvere

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
In Notes on the Aether, however, Grenton was put definitely between Orussus and Allimon, and thus in a region that hostile kobolds and were-monitor lizards wouldn't have touched with a ten-mile pole for the time being...
A pity, but quite understandable given the misleading line from the summary. The Aether crew have merrily trotted back and forth between Grenton and Orussus within a single day several times now, so it's more strongly established as lying between Allimon and Orussus. Boddynock's Alvar Thorne adventure has extremely obliquely referred to Grenton lying off a sideroad between the other two places, rather than on the main route between them. I guess the kobold invasion will just have to be a case of "Stranger things have happened at sea..." At least we've been spelling the name consistently (and not calling it 'Grendath'), which is pretty good going for LEW towns!

Velmont

First Post
Trouvere said:
At least we've been spelling the name consistently (and not calling it 'Grendath'), which is pretty good going for LEW towns!

I don't understand why you are telling that :p

Knight Otu

First Post
I suppose Grenton'll have to stay between the two cities. I'll do my adventure write-up as-is, though, even if some things won't make any sense that way (the tiny Felden north of Grenton for instance). There is some reason (well, one, Meras) why Eskaron might have come so far north from where he was supposed to be, but I wouldn't say it was good enough reason to risk detection of his budding "realm." And I rather suspect that Sina fleeing in that location would have triggered the attempt to burn down Grenton pretty much immediately, rather than when it happened in the adventure.

Oh well, I should have paid better attention, shouldn't I? :heh:

Trouvere

Explorer
Just teasing, Velmont!

How small is Felden and how far north of Grenton? (I'd prefer not to read SotD while I have a character in the town).

Knight Otu

First Post
Trouvere said:
Just teasing, Velmont!

How small is Felden and how far north of Grenton? (I'd prefer not to read SotD while I have a character in the town).
About forty miles (which would put it on the other side of the Elbereth Sound with Grenton's relocation), and it's really little more than a few buildings and fields on each side of a poor road. Geographically, it wouldn't be a big loss, but it's been part of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads