• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Discussion) General Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macbeth

First Post
Macbeth could even use CS' post at the beginning of the thread and being able to delete all comment posts once he read them
I have no idea of this is possible, or likely to happen, but if we could do this it would make my life that much easier. I'll get to work on a consolidated Living Enworld FAQ as soon as I can.

Macbeth

First Post
I've got the FAQ up. I think its fairly complete, covering the basic "who can play" stuff, character creation, and how the world is being formed. If you can think of anything that needs to be added, just let me know, I'll get it in tere as soon as possible.

Edit: Forgot to mention that we now have 19 approved characters. This thing sure is growing fast.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hmm... any ideas on how to control the passage of time?

Basically, I don't think my group will set out until tomorrow IC. At least, that's the plan at the moment.

But it would be nice if we had an idea of how the DMs and judges will determine that time passes. In an adventure thread, that's easy enough to control... but in a place like the Red Dragon, it might not be so easy.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm around and ready to adventure (when there's a link). :)

As far as picking up Thurgan, he lives above the smithy, much as any other apprentice, though he does on occasion send several nights at the Red Dragon (when allowed).

Keia

Keia

I aim to misbehave
GnomeWorks said:
Hmm... any ideas on how to control the passage of time?

Basically, I don't think my group will set out until tomorrow IC. At least, that's the plan at the moment.

But it would be nice if we had an idea of how the DMs and judges will determine that time passes. In an adventure thread, that's easy enough to control... but in a place like the Red Dragon, it might not be so easy.

What about each day in the tavern being equal to one week (real-time). In that manner then, adventurers that in Pbp take several weeks would only be gone that number of days.

The best way to do this is either midnight on Sunday or Monday to signify the passing day.

Keia

Velmont

First Post
Keia said:

What about each day in the tavern being equal to one week (real-time). In that manner then, adventurers that in Pbp take several weeks would only be gone that number of days.

The best way to do this is either midnight on Sunday or Monday to signify the passing day.

Keia

Yeah, it would be a good trade off. Some times, discussion IC of an hour long can take longer than a week OOC to do, but at the same time, the adventures, travelling can take 1 post and two weeks are already gone. I think IC:1 day = OOC: 1 week a good thing.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Keia said:
I'm around and ready to adventure (when there's a link). :)

Heh... link's been posted already. ;) We just have to come and get you.

As far as picking up Thurgan, he lives above the smithy, much as any other apprentice, though he does on occasion send several nights at the Red Dragon (when allowed).

Okay, that's good to know. Troi'll head over there at some point, probably when Uriel's back so I can use the thread for our adventure for picking you up and bringing you back to the Red Dragon.

WizWrm

First Post
Augh, that's what I get for falling asleep with the rest of the population. Trying to catch up now...

WizWrm

First Post
By the way, could one of the moderators edit the bulletin board, since there are a couple job offers (including Tiggles' ongoing drink search), and that would make it easier as the Red Dragon Inn starts tearing past the pages where the job was originally offered.

[Edit]: Random tangent: Wow, I totally forgot to take ranks in Knowledge (History). I guess bardic knowledge will be the game-mechanic substitute for my training.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
garyh said:
The FAQ is a good idea. Fell free to write one up. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance and sticky it.

Thanks!

I was going to write one sometime.

I'm also fond of 3/4 Hit Dice like Uriel is, if we want to standardize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads