• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Disenchanting Weapons

juliaromero

First Post
Are there any rules for removing specific enchantments from a weapon? Like if the group finds a nice unholy weapon and want to remove the unholy but keep the rest?

Vurt

First Post
Not to my knowledge.

But something close might be the Retain Essence ability of the Artificer class in Eberron. Basically they can salvage the XP cost of an item by "dismantling it" and use that to pay off the XP cost of a new item.

Cheers,
Vurt

ARandomGod

First Post
Vurt said:
Not to my knowledge.

But something close might be the Retain Essence ability of the Artificer class in Eberron. Basically they can salvage the XP cost of an item by "dismantling it" and use that to pay off the XP cost of a new item.

Cheers,
Vurt

Yea, there are none that I know of.
I'd be tempted to let an eberron artificer suck out just that effect...

ElvishBard

First Post
What I would do is either have them enchant it with holy which would cancel out due to common sense (Unholy holy weapon? No sense) or have them pay someone to cancel out the effect.

I have never had players want any effect off a magic item, but I would rule that if they had the craft whatever feat they could cast the opposite of the spell or one that would cancel it out and pay the exp then the effect would be gone.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads