• No

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Serenity Curry

Votes: 11 21.2%

MarkB

Legend
It's also just great witty writing.

Lets see:

On this episode the crew of Serenity take on a job from a creepy guy called Nishka, to rob a train. The train heist doesn't go as planned, but Mal and Zoey escape by pretending to be a newly wed couple. Inara's respectible status as a compagnion ends up getting them out of trouble. But while there, they learn that they've stolen medical supplies that the people on that planet badly need. Mal has a change of heart, and decides to return the supplies, but makes a powerful enemy in the process.

By golly, is that a plot structure? I think it is! I wish the Mandalorian had a plot structure
You mean, like if he'd taken on a contract to retrieve a wanted bounty for some unpleasant Imperials, things had gone wrong and he'd had to get helped out by the friends he made along the way, but he eventually completed the job only to realise that he'd handed what was essentially a child over to some very nasty people. So he got the child back, but made a powerful enemy in the process.

That kind of plot structure?

Staffan

Legend
Well, to be fair; that's mostly just Nathan being Nathan. Let's face it even in his serious roles, he's got mad one-liner/reactionary skills.
It's not just the one-liner. It's the build-up of long-hair-guy, who has a very distinctive appearance and all the trappings of a recurring enemy, and then just pushing him into a jet engine. That was a pretty strong signal that this was not your typically heroic show.

My point was Disney used to have standards that were kid friendly, now they have different standards, meh.

I'd place Firefly at an equal level of kid-friendliness as the Indiana Jones franchise (Mola Ram could be roughly as traumatizing as Reavers?), and Disney started featuring that in their parks in 1989.

Remove ads