D&D 3E/3.5 DnD 3.5 - Monks and size increases

Crownless King

First Post
alright, is it possible to..."enchant" a monks unarmed strike with Sizing via necklace of natural attacks, if so, would you receive penalties from doing so?

FEADIN

Explorer
Sizing let's you alter the size of the weapon if I remember.
If you "wield" weapons to big for your size you'll get penalties, I don't see the benefit.
May be +1 gloves of sizing would be better, gloves increasing in size with the hands but the necklace seems inapropriate.....?

Dandu

First Post
Gloves would suffer the same problem.

The interesting thing about enchanting your Unarmed Strikes with Sizing is that you change size along with them, so... are you wielding a weapon too large for your size if you yourself change size to... GAH!

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Where do you find Mighty Wallop and Greater Mighty Wallop? Are they feats?

By the way, this may be apropos:

big_hands.jpg

Crownless King

First Post
Gloves would suffer the same problem.

The interesting thing about enchanting your Unarmed Strikes with Sizing is that you change size along with them, so... are you wielding a weapon too large for your size if you yourself change size to... GAH!

What book exactly does it mention that with sizing on unarmed strikes ur whole body grows with it? and also does greater mighty wallop give penalties since its a spell, my DM says it does because its low level, but if theres a book that says otherwise then that would be awesome. BTW as far as i kno sizing is the quickest way to Colossal++ without psionics. so if anyone can give me advice to lower my -12 attack roll penalty that would be appreciated.

BENINHB

First Post
A monks weapon is his whole body not just his fists. That is why you are allowed to flurry even when your hands are full. Kicks, stomps, knees, headbutts, elbows etc.

Try the monk entry in the players handbook. Pretty sure it describes exactly that.

If i were DM i would say that the awkwardness of your over sized body gave you the same penalties as wielding an over sized weapon.

Clever thinking though. Good find

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, I'd take the Expansion power over Enlarge Person...you can get 2 levels of growth out of it.

OTOH, Enlarge Person is easier to target another with. Expansion is personal, unless it somehow winds up as a power on an item.

Remove ads