• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

Myth and Legend

First Post
Pfft, I'm not one to rush, i couldn't lift my head off work for the past few days, and after work i had stuff to do (socializing, you know).. So don't worry! :) Plus we're waiting for cheshire_grin to come back as well.

Theroc

First Post
o_O Is this Paladin using a brilliant energy weapon, that Alevyth can feel the point between his shoulderblades? Or did this woman get through a chink in the plates and somehow finagle a point between the shoulderblades?

Not contesting anything, just trying to get a visual/tactile sense of the scene. My immediate thought makes me wonder how this position is advantageous for the woman due to the plate of mithril between Alevyth and his blade.

Seems I failed both saves though. ;) ~considers investing feats to boost saves and items to boost cha to get higher saves~ I've failed every save that's been thrown at me thus far. I hope I fare better against the undead! :p

Myth and Legend

First Post
Oh damn it i forgot about your armor :) This is flavor text - basically she is holding your char at "sword point", and giving him a chance to surrender.

You are at a disadvantage when you have your back to the opponent in a real fight. Especially if he has his weapon drawn and pressed against your body. I will edit the post now - she will be holding the tip against Alevyth's neck, which at most is protected by a thin layer of chainmail.

Don't worry about the saves - the Listen check was high on impossible to get (i mean, there is a battle going on around you, and a screaming man right next to you.) The reflex save was not a conventional rule, but had you gotten a 15 i would have let you slip away at the last second and face her.

I have given brilliant energy some thought but lol, the undead would just love a sword that can't hurt them wouldn't they :D

Theroc

First Post
You are at a disadvantage when you have your back to the opponent in a real fight. Especially if he has his weapon drawn and pressed against your body. I will edit the post now - she will be holding the tip against Alevyth's neck, which at most is protected by a thin layer of chainmail.

Don't worry about the saves - the Listen check was high on impossible to get (i mean, there is a battle going on around you, and a screaming man right next to you.) The reflex save was not a conventional rule, but had you gotten a 15 i would have let you slip away at the last second and face her.

I have given brilliant energy some thought but lol, the undead would just love a sword that can't hurt them wouldn't they :D

Didn't reply earlier as I didn't want to clutter, but I'm bored this early in the morning, so I'm replying anyway! I understand having your back turned is a disadvantage, but I'd meant one such that Alevyth couldn't just whirl around anyway(firstly through the places he wouldn't have felt the point to realize he was 'at swordpoint' unless the woman moved to whisper in his ear(which might be foolish if she was aware he had concealed weapons).

As for the saves, I meant, he failed his save against the Glitterdust AND the evasion save (I didn't anticipate making the listen save.)

And yes, I think I would have mentioned that drawback had you not realized it yourself. ;)

Oh, and I actually thought the reflex save to turn and face was a really nice way to arrange that, despite not being 'conventional' it seemed like a pretty 'realistic' way to determine it through dice.

Edit: And to avoid making an entirely pointless post, Latham(Ethandrew) mentioned being a slow weekend poster, and that he'd be 'back to it' today. So, since most people work at this hour, he will likely be replying later today.

ethandrew

First Post
ethandrew do you need the info from your roll to post? If so let me know and i'll add it in the world details.

The information would be appreciated. Thank you. I might not wait for it to post, however.

Edit: And to avoid making an entirely pointless post, Latham(Ethandrew) mentioned being a slow weekend poster, and that he'd be 'back to it' today. So, since most people work at this hour, he will likely be replying later today.

How true you are. Oddly enough I do most of my posting at work. But don't tell anyone.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Oh, and I actually thought the reflex save to turn and face was a really nice way to arrange that, despite not being 'conventional' it seemed like a pretty 'realistic' way to determine it through dice.
Thank you! I try to be fair, I am a Libra after all :)

The information would be appreciated. Thank you. I might not wait for it to post, however.
Well i'll whip something up shortly then! To the DM-mobile!

How true you are. Oddly enough I do most of my posting at work. But don't tell anyone.
I used to post at work before i switched workplaces. Now i barely have time for Facebook :D

Myth and Legend

First Post
Sorry for the delayed update guys, i wasn't able to concentrate on EM world for the past few days. I have posted, and will update when you are ready as well. Also, Ethan i will give you the Knowledge check tomorow, as it's very late now. On the bright side everyone, I've started making a map of Angelwatch.

As soon as you guys explore more of the city and it's buildings/streets, i will add them. Here is a little teaser: [sblock]
angelwatch.jpg
[/sblock]It is subject to minor change though, as this is a hastily done thing in like 10 minutes. Also, yes there is no Eastern gate. That part of the city is walled off, and holds the Lord's Citadel (your characters don't know that unless they roll a Knowledge: Local though)

Remove ads