• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dnd Dark Alliance Video Game

Stalker0

Legend
From review sites including angryjoe, it looks like this game is unfortunately horrendous…basically being riddled with bugs and just bad gameplay.

Looks like a dark stain on the current dnd brand :(

Sacrosanct

Legend
I've played it for a few hours on the PS4/5. So far, I haven't encountered any major bugs. However, the enemy AI is horrible. You can sit back with a ranged attack and if you don't mind taking forever, take out everyone, bosses included, without them even aggroing. That's...pretty bad. Also, AoE effects only impact the same vertical plan you are at. So if you're on an elevated position and attack a group down below you, the AoE stops when it comes down to your height level and doesn't hit them at all. That's pretty dumb. Don't know if they got those issues fixed yet or not.

Definitely feels like a low budget video game though.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Stains are removed easily from the D&D brand as far as video games are concerned. There have been many and nobody remembers them like they wont remember this latest DA launch.

So I finally got around to picking this up and playing it. Honestly, now, several patches later, it's kinda fun. No one's likely to hold it up to God of War, but it's reasonably enjoyable. We'll see how it goes the deeper I get into it (I can see the grunts getting old if they don't mix their abilities up more). So far, the only things I've seen that point to the botched release are the billowing pennants that look like they have a framerate of 2 and some of the controls (bringing up the menu, target locking) aren't as snappy as I'd expect.

It's enjoyable to hear references to Icingdeath, the Muzgardt Duergar clan, and the like, that help ground it in the D&D world.

GreyLord

Legend
So I finally got around to picking this up and playing it. Honestly, now, several patches later, it's kinda fun. No one's likely to hold it up to God of War, but it's reasonably enjoyable. We'll see how it goes the deeper I get into it (I can see the grunts getting old if they don't mix their abilities up more). So far, the only things I've seen that point to the botched release are the billowing pennants that look like they have a framerate of 2 and some of the controls (bringing up the menu, target locking) aren't as snappy as I'd expect.

It's enjoyable to hear references to Icingdeath, the Muzgardt Duergar clan, and the like, that help ground it in the D&D world.
I played it.

The thing that turned me off about it, at one point I died and it started me off at the very beginning of the level all over again. I didn't rage quit, but I decided for the sake of my sanity...it was a good time to stop.

If they patched that out to where you can start closer to an actual save location...I might decide to give it another try.

I agree, the save structure is rough. I dislike that your short rest checkpoint doesn't persist once you leave the game. So either you get through the entire level in a single playthrough, or you start over from scratch every time. Sometimes I don't have the 40-60 minutes it takes to get through a level.

I played it.

The thing that turned me off about it, at one point I died and it started me off at the very beginning of the level all over again. I didn't rage quit, but I decided for the sake of my sanity...it was a good time to stop.

If they patched that out to where you can start closer to an actual save location...I might decide to give it another try.

Remove ads