• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Run Multiple Campaigns in the Same Setting?

Do you run multiple campaigns in the same campaign world?

• Poll closed .

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Yes, I've run several FR campaigns, two Spelljammer campaigns, two Planescape campaigns, two Freeport campaigns etc etc. If I like a setting, I'll try and use it more than once. The Forgotten Realms is huge enough to host dozens of different campaigns.

Cheers

Richard

Doctor DM

First Post
I run all my campaigns in the same world. Even Rokugan (it's a different continent).
Right now I'm doing one in the Valley of Obelisks and one in Elsir Vale.

Talic

First Post
Our group shares a home brew setting. Each Dm adds to the world in their own way and sometimes plays off what another has done. Sometimes the campaigns run different time lines, sometimes they're coexisting. It all helps build the world, and its something the players can remember easier since they participated in it.

Odhanan

Adventurer
Yes on all counts.

For OD&D it was Karameikos.

For AD&D it was Laelith.

For AD&D2 it was DragonLance and Ravenloft.

For D&D3 it's been Forgotten Realms and Homebrew so far (Praemal/Ptolus will surely join the lot, and probably Pathfinder and/or Eberron much later... I am really not ready to stop playing 3E as you can see).

Glyfair

Explorer
Raven Crowking said:
Simple question, do you run multiple campaigns in the same setting? The poll allows for multiple answers, so that you can select for 1e, 2e, 3e, and OD&D.

I not only have for 1E & 3E, I have also used the same campaign world for D&D 3E and other game systems as well (Fantasy Hero, Heroquest, Melanda Land of Mystery).

Last edited:

Ibram

First Post
All my campaigns have taken place in the same campaign world, and often actions in one campaing have had an impact on the other campaings.

The only exception was a Far East game I ran, though it did take place on the same world it was only loosely tied to my other campaings.

Remove ads