• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you trust the people you game with?

Do you trust the people you game with?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 78 24.1%
  • Yes, but I still check on rolls every now and again

Votes: 108 33.4%
  • Yes, but I want to see all the rolls anyway

Votes: 52 16.1%
  • some I trust, others I don't

Votes: 72 22.3%
  • No, but I'd like to be able to

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • No, and I enforce point buy because of it

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • No, and they prove I can't trust them all the time

Votes: 8 2.5%

sword-dancer

Explorer
Crothian said:
Do you beleive them when they say they rolled 18's for their character's attributes?
I´ve had one player who rolled with my dice before my eyes 3 18, 2 17 and one 16,( 2X 3d6 for AD&D IIed) and this luck was only a bit better than his usual rolls for Stats.
I´ve rolled also 20 in a roll, in my last Living Greyhawk game my Character critted I think every adeversarie once which finished them.

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
Yeah, I trust my players. I trust their honesty 90% of the time. It is their powers of deduction and simple math that I occassionally call into question. Sometimes they forget (honest mistakes) that they are at a penalty or that they are low on arrows or whatever else. The closest I have to mistrust is a player who seems to get high rolls a lot but I want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

shilsen

Adventurer
Keeper of Secrets said:
Yeah, I trust my players. I trust their honesty 90% of the time. It is their powers of deduction and simple math that I occassionally call into question. Sometimes they forget (honest mistakes) that they are at a penalty or that they are low on arrows or whatever else.

That's essentially my take on the subject. In both of my groups, there are a number of people spread out far enough around a table that I can't see some of their rolls. Doesn't bother me in the least, since I trust them. If I was in a group where it did bother me, I'd quit and find a group I could trust. Even the most rules-savvy of my players do make mistakes, so sometimes I have to remind them about those. Heck, there are times when they say things like, "I missed/failed" and I'll ask what they rolled and point out that they acually succeeded.

Gez

First Post
Yes, I trust them. And even if they cheat, I trust them to not cheat in a disruptive manner.

But I can't help it but look at die roll anyway.

Nifelhein

First Post
I like to know the actual result even though i trust most of the people at the table, there is one friend of mine who is playing that says he has hit even though he does not know the AC and I usually sk how much.

I do not have a problem with him or ever had, but he joined the group after a year of play and we have all had a problem with one common "friend" who would even leave a dice at 20, roll another and take it, leaving the 20 one there to show us all the result...

If I catch anyone cheating he will have to roll in front of everyone with the Jumbo dice we can get our hands on right after I talk to him in front of the whole group, humiliate and keep at it.

iwatt

First Post
It's a game. It's supposed to be fun. Personally, my fun comes from surpassing challenges. Some people will cheat and still have fun. So I don't sweat it. Also helps that I've never seen anybody roll 5 20s in a row. ;)

The_Universe

First Post
I generally trust their rolls, but I often check their totals. Their skills with basic arithmetic are what I usually call into question, sadly enough.

diaglo

Adventurer
one guy gave cheaters a bad name. he cheated so often and blatantly i would laugh out loud.

it became a running joke.

everyone else in the group i trusted completely.

Remove ads