• No, but I'd like to be able to

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • No, and I enforce point buy because of it

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • No, and they prove I can't trust them all the time

Votes: 8 2.5%

Arrgh! Mark!

First Post
I always trust my players. One in particular finds himself reading all the little rules I'd ignored to let him live past this combat and finds himself dead quite often. I'm contemplating calling him McCarthy.

If players roll well, I pull out my first ever blue dice. I don't know why, but it's never rolled below a ten and fifteen to eighteen is it's general roll.

When I'm a player, I roll strait 2s. When I'm DM I roll strait 20s. It's one of those things.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Generally, I only watch when they roll HP and when I'm very interested in their roll and don't want to wait for them to announce it before seeing the result.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Crothian said:
Do you trust them? If they rolled a nat 20 for the seventh time straight, do you question that? Do you beleive them when they say they rolled 18's for their character's attributes? Do you demand they roll in front of you for hit points? Do you have to visually confirm all rolls?
Of the seven people I game with as a player, I trust six of them implicitly. The last guy cheats constantly. His character started with 2 18s, a 17, and nothing below a 13 for attributes, and at one level he actually had more hit points that was technically possible with his class levels and con. He rerolls if he doesn't like the numbers, hits dice with other dice...basically knows every trick in the book.

Aside from him, I don't have any qualms about not seeing dice rolls. In fact, I DM for four of them, and had them do all their rolling at home and just send me the results.

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Most my group is pretty good, but I do have one players who I'm never sure of. He's got these crazy dice that you just can't see the numbers on and seems to always make Will/Ref saves/crits when needed etc. I'm about 80% sure he cheats but haven't been able to catch him on it yet.

shaylon

First Post
I trust the guys I play with. To be honest, none of us have had any crazy rolling streaks that would make me think their rolls are far fetched.

If I hear a few nat 20's in a row, I might be dubious though.

-Shay

Abraxas

Explorer
I trust the people I game with absolutely WRT the die rolls, however, I don't trust their math skills.

Oh, and I have the other type of rolling streaks - back in 2E I rolled the horrible 1 on a save vs a lightning bolt and then proceeded to roll 5 more as most of my equipment was destroyed. Like it says beneath my avatar, there are 2 kinds of luck.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by Lord Pendragon
at one level he actually had more hit points that was technically possible with his class levels and con.

Hehe. Ouch, that's bad. If you're gonna cheat, I say, at least make it look plausible.

Not that I know anything about cheating... :uhoh:

Remove ads