• No, but I'd like to be able to

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • No, and I enforce point buy because of it

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • No, and they prove I can't trust them all the time

Votes: 8 2.5%

Crothian

First Post
Do you trust them? If they rolled a nat 20 for the seventh time straight, do you question that? Do you beleive them when they say they rolled 18's for their character's attributes? Do you demand they roll in front of you for hit points? Do you have to visually confirm all rolls?

What level of trust to you have with the people you game with?

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I trust every one of the people I game with...except one. He is a powergamer and I am pretty sure I have seen him cheat a few rolls when he has had a night where nothing is rolling right and as a result he cannot be the killing machine he enjoys playing.

Gorrstagg

First Post
Do you trust them? If they rolled a nat 20 for the seventh time straight, do you question that? Do you beleive them when they say they rolled 18's for their character's attributes? Do you demand they roll in front of you for hit points? Do you have to visually confirm all rolls?

What level of trust to you have with the people you game with?

I have a high level of game trust in the people I game with.

And since our players typically sit very close together and always have at the very least a buddy seated individual.. if they all are saying that the 20 rolled 7 times natural 20.. then it did.

And then I would check it to see if it was a microwaved die... and then I would roll it several times... if it came up natural 20 every time.. the dice would be retired and given the Title of Saint Twenticus.. and would be the saint of natural 20's.

And I've seen once in 23 years, a player roll up natural 17's and 18's exclusively for a single character. Two 18's, and four 17's. He named that character Galahad.

And was fun to see played.. I've never seen it happen again.

Hit points I ask them to roll in front of me.. not because I don't trust them.. I love to see the downcrest face when they roll a 1.. and the ecstatic look when they roll max hit points.

Wild Gazebo

Explorer
I don't trust all of them. But, I don't much care. If somebody needs to cheat to have fun I let them. If somebody is ruining somebody elses fun, regardless of cheating, I deal with them. I just don't feel any real reason to challenge any of my players that I beleive might have been, or is, fudging rolls. I guess I'm pretty laid back...or apathetic?

DragonLancer

Adventurer
My current players I trust without doubt. Doesn't stop me wanting to monitor dice rolls though, one of them can be very lucky with the dice.

Threedub

First Post
I trust them . . .

I trust them enough to care so much about their characters that given a moment where death is nearly guaranteed that they would be taken by an overwhelming need to fudge a roll in order to allow their alter ego to cling to life.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
I have two guys I don't entirely trust. One of them I don't trust if he DMs. Monsters have an inordinate number of 20+ initiatives, near-maximum hide checks, area dispells which happen to not dispel 5 spells and then succeed on the one permanent spell I have that annoys him (arcane sight), beholders auto-succeed move silently checks (something we found out he was doing for them after we asked if we could hear where a beholder had gone - and AFTER we'd already been ambushed at night by one...), orcs (normal grunt ones) beat out feint-in-combat bluffs of 21 etc etc. However when he's playing, I've not noticed any sort of inordinately high-numbers trend.

Why do I keep playing? I like all the players, and it's probably better than the other roleplaying game I actually get to play.

The other one seems to cheat all the time. Lots of very high initiative rolls (as player or DM), an average of one threat a round from the bad-guy side (as DM), rolls that are pre-rolled when I'm not looking (as a player) that sort of thing. When he's a player, I just adjust accordingly. To add to it all, the current adventure he's DMing is whispers of the vampires blade, which I can heartily recommend to anyone who wants to feel railroaded, frustrated and stupefied by the dumbest plot in an official module that I've ever seen.

IronWolf

blank
I trust my players. They haven't given me a reason to not trust them from what I have seen. I know one player seems to have awful luck, didn't roll above a 10 I think last session (which was combat heavy to boot), but he didn't fudge any of his rolls despite that. One guy had a lucky black die that rolled high for one streak, but even then there were some misses here and there.

Our group is a set of mature players, so maybe that makes a difference of the perception of the players in my group.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by Thornir Alekeg
I trust every one of the people I game with...except one. He is a powergamer and I am pretty sure I have seen him cheat a few rolls when he has had a night where nothing is rolling right and as a result he cannot be the killing machine he enjoys playing.

I'm gonna have to agree with this for my group. I'm pretty lucky myself, but I roll honestly. I remember when I told someone I rolled like 20 7's on a d8 in a row. That person didn't believe me. Every turn my damage would come up, I'd roll, and it would be the same number. The people I was with believed me only because they saw it and knew it wasn't a loaded die. There's also jokes going around about how often I critical hit things [And it's not because I'm cheating either]. I also remember the time I was like level 12. I had three less than max hp. Everyone watch at each level and bam, I'd roll max. Oh well, I'll stop about that now.

The other person though, erg. One time I was fighting him. He had an axe of some sort, criticalled on a 20. I think out of nine attacks, he crit like 6 of those times and he was rolling with his back turned to us, he was sitting higher than us, and he practically covered his roll. Everyone on the group knows he cheats, though for some reason, he hasn't stopped...

jerichothebard

First Post
Yes, my gaming group is composed of my best friends, and people they recommended.

As a side note, one of my PCs actually has near-max HP, and was max until level 5 or 6. I saw each and every roll, and he just rolled lucky. It was uncanny. And, considering he has terrible luck with the dice otherwise, pretty funny.

jtb

Remove ads