Do you use the Psionics Handbook in your game?

Do you use the Psionics Handbook in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 39.3%

Arkham

First Post
Psionics is not Fantasy

I feel psionics do not fit the feel of a fantasy setting. But they _DO_ fit the feel of internal, inherent magic far better than sorcerers ever could.

I use psionics, but it is magic. Psi-warriors are renamed as Arcane Warriors, Sorcerers are renamed Battlemages, and Psions are renamed Sorcerers.

Monte's sorcerer is an even better Battlemage than the PHB one, but still doesn't quite fit the inherently magical feel. At least not nearly as well as a Psion does...

Numion

First Post
One player plays a Psychic Warrior in my game. The character holds it's own; doesn't deal as much damage as others perhaps, but doesn't suffer much damage either. This might change now that he's 14th level and can polymorph into a Stone Giant, though :)

The characters story is a bit of a cliche I guess (an escaped illithid experiment, who doesn't remember much of his captivity. Dreams haunt him etc...), but the player enjoys it, so why not?

hong

WotC's bitch
I wouldn't mind psionics so much, but for the fact that three of the disciplines are based on _physical_ attributes. Very strange, for a supposedly mental path....

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
I use them. They especially make good villains. In one adventure I turned a cabal of sorcerers into a cabal of psions of one type or another.

Then again, I don't have the closed-minded "psionics can't fit in fantasy" problem. After all, I actually read fantasy literature, so I know they can fit in fantasy just fine.

Remove ads