Do you use the Psionics Handbook in your game?

Do you use the Psionics Handbook in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 57 39.3%

Rashak Mani

First Post
What I find incredible is the fact that Piratecat hasnt expressed his opinion here... a lot of naysayers around this thread...

In general I like psionics... but it seems a little out of place... but as a different kind of magic it should work well enough.

Wild Karrde

First Post
My Dm allows us to use it and there is one player in our group who has a fifth level psionicist. And after wittnesing ectoplasmic cocoons a few times all I can say is that he's definately a welcome addition as we are now going through the RtTToEE.

Nasty stuff.

Ruined

Explorer
I allow them, now. I was dead-set against them because of the complexity of the early rules, and the feelings that they didn't belong. I run Planescape almost exclusively now, so the appearance of more psionic-style monsters and races are feasible. Illithids, Githzerai, etc.

Most of the players look at the book as if it had come from the hands of a leper. I do have one brave soul (the one who actually requested to play a psi), who is going through githzerai monk right now. He'll be making the switch soon, I fear. =)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Yes I use it, Id ond't even have sorcerers IMC, but last night's Psionic Combat left a disgusting taste in my mouth. Matt's first level shaper attacked a 3rd level Telepath Blue. With a Morningstar. And killed it in two blows. While reduced in Dex a little.

I'm getting rid of it completely (Psi Combat that is.)

Rav

Richards

Legend
We use it, but I've only had one player interested in taking any psionic levels. She's a Monk/Psion(Nomad)/Metamind, and she pretty much just uses the inertial armor as a good freebie AC boost and mind blasts enemies as many times as her Power Point pool allows. Otherwise, it's straight hand-to-hand combat for her.

zorlag

First Post
zorlag

I like psionics very much, but haven't got many changes to try them. I did play from 1st to 4th level with telepath. No players in my games have played with one, though. I'd be happy if they did.

Z.

Ace

Adventurer
Yes Iuse them. They are a standard "trope" in DND and therefore included in my world.

Most Psions are wandering adepts, alone wolf with an apprentice much like a traditional mage.

I also use a Psi Rogue varient I found here long ago and a Psi Bard varient as well.

I alos have a Psion dominated society of semi bad guys, Not like Traveller Zhodani more like a pseudo Stalinist culture.

I have been mulling over a DND Age of Reason with the only magic allowed to PC's being psionics.

With the archive of cool Psion PRC's I found this might work pretty well.

NPC's would have other types of magic but mostly subtle stuff that isn't flashy at all.

Ace

Adventurer
Rav said:
Yes I use it, Id ond't even have sorcerers IMC, but last night's Psionic Combat left a disgusting taste in my mouth. Matt's first level shaper attacked a 3rd level Telepath Blue. With a Morningstar. And killed it in two blows. While reduced in Dex a little.

I'm getting rid of it completely (Psi Combat that is.)

Rav

I don't blame you. It is amazing how fast the PSion in my last game was able to brain fry some serious adversarys

It got to the point where the Egoist would Brain fry the enemy mage, the party would beat them down, the part mage would open up a can of whoop a$$ on them and the encounter would end.

As a DM this was very frustrating....

Remove ads