Doctor Who 2007, Episode 3: Gridlock (Spoiler Alert!)

delericho

Legend
dravot said:
The Doctor met the Face of Boe in Season 1 The End of the World - Boe was one of the invited elite guests to witness the destruction of Earth.

I do believe that was the 'one time previously' mentioned.

sniffles

First Post
Oh man, I loved, loved, loved this episode!!

From the return of the cat people and the Face of Boe to the reappearance of the Macra (anyone out there actually seen that episode?), it was great.

I was smiling hugely throughout the entire episode - when I wasn't tearing up, that is. Ten years ago I'd never have expected to see a Doctor Who that would make me that emotional.

They're doing a wonderful job of exploring the Doctor himself instead of just "alien planet/historical event of the week". Martha's going to make an awesome companion. I can hardly wait for next week! :D

(edit) Darnit, I looked for another thread for this and totally didn't see one until I'd already posted this! :mad: at myself

sniffles

First Post
Well, I must have seen a different episode than some folks here, because I loved it! My face hurt from smiling - when I wasn't getting all teary-eyed at some scenes.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
sniffles said:
(edit) Darnit, I looked for another thread for this and totally didn't see one until I'd already posted this! :mad: at myself

Might Mod Merge powers! Go!!!!

(keeping the more informative title, BTW)

Cheers

Fast Learner

First Post
sniffles said:
They're doing a wonderful job of exploring the Doctor himself instead of just "alien planet/historical event of the week". Martha's going to make an awesome companion. I can hardly wait for next week! :D
Amen! Great episode.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cthulhudrew said:
[EDIT- one thing that really struck me with this episode, were the constant references to the Face of Boe and the Doctor as old friends. We know that they've only met three times- hardly enough to qualify as friends- and the Doctor seemed to acknowledge that with his comment about not knowing what the Face is. The dialogue of the Face's, however, seemed to me to imply a much more intimate relationship- could the Face of Boe be the Doctor? Or someone from his past?]

The corresponding Doctor Who: Confidential episode mentioned that this series will reveal two things: what FoB's prophecy means ("The Doctor thinks he's the only one left. The Face of Boe isn't lying, but the Doctor hasn't got it wrong, either"); plus we'll find out "who or what* the FoB is".

*I can't remember if they used the word "who" or "what". I think it was "who".

Raven Crowking

First Post
Huw said:
Plot hole:
The Face of Boe needed energy to restart the city. How much energy was being used by those car's antigravity drives?

Presumably, the Face of Boe had no means to make use of the car's antigravity drives. The gridlock, after all, was supposed to be seperated from the city above (or all the drivers would be dead)

Raven Crowking

First Post
delericho said:
I found it very curious that the Face of Boe said to the Doctor that
they were each the last of their kinds
, and then told him
"You are not alone"
. Was that contradiction a mistake, do you think, or is there something we've not been told yet?

Yeah, that was odd. But, if we are talking about the Master, might both not be true? After all, the Master hasn't been in a Time Lord body since Keeper of Traken.

Next week: Dalek! With a lot of luck, they'll find some way to bring them back properly, so there's not just one. Oh, and it would be really good if they didn't kill off all the Daleks this time... it's rather easier to find non-cheesy ways to bring them back if you don't wipe them out every time.

In Doomsday, we saw the Black Dalek escape using an "emergency time shift", so that explains the appearance of at least one Dalek, and possibly the entire Cult of Skaro.

While it was very nice to see the Macra return, they could have done so much more with the species. Nonetheless, it made me sit up & smile.

Remove ads