Doctor Who 28.13 Doomsday (SPOILERS)

Staffan

Legend
I'm wondering how secret Torchwood (in-setting) will be once they start running that show. Given the last two seasons of Doctor Who, any illusion the world might have had about being alone in the universe has to have been dispelled, after things like an alien ship crashing into Big Ben, two billion people being ready to jump off rooftops, and a gazillion cybermen and daleks rampaging all over the world (especially London).

sniffles

First Post
Staffan said:
I'm wondering how secret Torchwood (in-setting) will be once they start running that show. Given the last two seasons of Doctor Who, any illusion the world might have had about being alone in the universe has to have been dispelled, after things like an alien ship crashing into Big Ben, two billion people being ready to jump off rooftops, and a gazillion cybermen and daleks rampaging all over the world (especially London).
I imagine that Torchwood or some other organization has a department specifically tasked with coming up with 'plausible' explanations for all of those things. ;)

BTW, does anybody know what the Doctor's response to Rose is after she tells him she loves him? I've watched the episode twice and I just can't figure out what he said.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Ask and ye shall recieve!
Spoilers ahead! (warning, may not quite be verbatim as it's from memory)
[sblock]
Rose: I love you.

The Doctor: Since this is the last chance I'll ever have to tell you this; Rose Tyler, I *poof, transmission ends*
[/sblock]

lrsach01

Explorer
sniffles said:
BTW, does anybody know what the Doctor's response to Rose is after she tells him she loves him? I've watched the episode twice and I just can't figure out what he said.

Its not much of a spoiler...he mumbles something like "quite right to" then goes on to his phase out interrupted revelation to Rose.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Staffan said:

They shouldnt' have any illusions at all. Heck the Cybermen already invaded in Invasion during the second Doctor's run.

sniffles

First Post
lrsach01 said:
Its not much of a spoiler...he mumbles something like "quite right to" then goes on to his phase out interrupted revelation to Rose.
That's actually the line I was referring to. I'm watching it again with a group of friends tonight - maybe one of them will be able to make out what he actually says. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
sniffles said:
That's actually the line I was referring to. I'm watching it again with a group of friends tonight - maybe one of them will be able to make out what he actually says. :)

That is what he says. "Quite right, too!" Doesn't sound muffled or mumbled to me. :)

Remove ads