Doctor Who getting canceled

horacethegrey

First Post
Felon said:
For me, the whole point of watching Dr. Who is the "anything can happen this week" element. The Doctor doesn't actually make much use of the TARDIS as anything more than a mcguffin to get from one place to the next, so using it just to travel to different eras of Earth seems kind of a waste.
Exactly. This is one of the reasons why the show is so great.

Anyway, I really don't think we should worry about a change of producers for the show. Tom Baker alone had 3 producers oversee the show during his seven years as the Doctor.

horacethegrey

First Post
Tuzenbach said:
The sooner RTD gets replaced, the better. IMHO, he's just a "now" version of JNT.

Steven(sp?) Moffat should helm the show.
The question is, can Moffat handle being at the head of a scifi show? The only other significant project he's handled as a producer was Coupling (a show I must watch). Though I've read he's now overseeing a new BBC serial of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (looking forward to that one :) ).

I'm betting though, that if he does become producer of the show, his tenure will include more horror elements. Since it seems to be his lot in life to scare the living pants off us :) (still can't get those weeping angels off my mind :confused: ).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Felon said:
For me, the whole point of watching Dr. Who is the "anything can happen this week" element.

Oh, absolutely. It's actually quite exciting! What's next week? A period pieice? A space adventure? A mystery? An action piece? Is it creepy or lighthearted?

It can be like an entirely different show from week to week at times.

horacethegrey said:
The question is, can Moffat handle being at the head of a scifi show? The only other significant project he's handled as a producer was Coupling (a show I must watch). Though I've read he's now overseeing a new BBC serial of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (looking forward to that one :) ).

I'm betting though, that if he does become producer of the show, his tenure will include more horror elements. Since it seems to be his lot in life to scare the living pants off us :) (still can't get those weeping angels off my mind :confused: ).
Yes, the Coupling was great. Or is great? Is it still running? It's not showing regularly on German TV (just noticed a few weeks before that I am able to receive a German version of Comedy Central that airs the Coupling, but the time slot is suboptimal for me)

Remove ads