Doctor Who News some spoilers

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Agree on Michelle Gomez. She's magic.

Do you have any actors you would consider front runners, if they do go non Caucasian? Idris Elba is the first who comes to mind, but he seems to be on everyone's list. I don't have enough of a grasp on current British TV to speculate, so I'm interested in your view.

I do. I even posted his name a few posts ago!

Idris Elba is too famous now.

Ryujin

Legend
I do. I even posted his name a few posts ago!

Idris Elba is too famous now.

Sorry, I somehow missed it. I'll go back and see if it rings any bells. The only other non Caucasian actor of British background I could immediately think of was Ben Kingsley who is also too famous for it, at this point, and is likely thought of as Caucasian by many at any rate due to his Anglicize name.

*EDIT* Paterson Joseph, eh. Hadn't thought of him. I had no idea he was as old as he is. He could work.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The only other non Caucasian actor of British background I could immediately think of was Ben Kingsley who is also too famous for it, at this point, and is likely thought of as Caucasian by many at any rate due to his Anglicize name.

50% of non Caucasian actors in the US are British. You just don't know because they do good American accents. :)

Ryujin

Legend
50% of non Caucasian actors in the US are British. You just don't know because they do good American accents. :)

Contrary to the Americans who try to do an English accent and end up with some Cockney+Yorkshire+Swahili abortion. I can believe it :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Contrary to the Americans who try to do an English accent and end up with some Cockney+Yorkshire+Swahili abortion. I can believe it :D

Some of them are very good. Meryl Streep, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Renee Zellwegger spring to mind.

Remove ads