Doctor Who SE04 EP04: The Sontaran Stratagem (spoilers)

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Jon Pertwee was my favorite too, even though I would have prefered more non Earth stories. (Luckily I missed the dino disaster storyline at the time! Only saw parts of a couple of episodes) And thirded on the Brigadier!

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Now that I've seen it, I have a big gripe. (Not that it really bothered me much. It's something that most people wouldn't know anyway.) Some years ago I read that a study was done to see how people would react to lack of sleep. The idea was that since there's no real physiological reason for people to need it if they get sufficient rest, let's see what happens if they get the rest but not the sleep. Bad Things (tm) Happen! In a few days you start hallucinating, and this spirals down to becoming delusional and paranoid. Since this effect is coming directly from the subconscious trying to get rid of it through hypnosis would be pretty useless. In short, thier whole workforce should have been stark staring mad within a week.

What really bothers me is that Sci-Fi has decided to not run the second part next week! Arrrggghhh!

warlord

First Post
Ed, feel free to ignore my advice but there is a lovely bunch of British blokes who have uploaded all of series 4 to various internet outlets like VeohTV and youtube you coiuld just use those.

Richards

Legend
I know -- bad enough having a 2-week wait between episodes, but between episodes of a two-parter? With a cliffhanger ending? Bad SciFi channel!

I loved the "Intruder" line. But what's the deal with the Sontarans being so short? Past Sontarans were never that short, were they? Also, the "Sontaran cheer" seemed a bit weird to me. Still, I liked the episode overall. (I really like Donna's granddad. I hope we see more of him in future episodes.)

Johnathan

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
warlord said:
Ed, feel free to ignore my advice but there is a lovely bunch of British blokes who have uploaded all of series 4 to various internet outlets like VeohTV and youtube you coiuld just use those.
Yeah, I know, but I watch the show with someone else and don't want to get ahead of them. (Dumb Sci-Fi Channel!) As it is, I'm having a hard time not watching The Doctor's Daughter out of turn.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Ed_Laprade said:
Jon Pertwee was my favorite too
He was good, but I recently watched several of the Patrick Troughton (2nd Doctor) serials and have a newfound appreciation for him. I'd actually rank him higher than both Pertwee and Baker.

Remove ads