Doctor Who Season 29 - What do you want to see?

Brakkart

First Post
We already know that the Christmas Special hour long episode is going to feature Catherine Tate and be called The Runaway Bride. While I am no fan of the completely unfanny Ms Tate, I am kinda curious as to how her character appeared inside the TARDIS whilst it was orbiting a supernova, presumabl;y a VERY long way from her wedding.

So with another 13 episodes to follow that, what would you like to see? We know that Freema Agyeman will be playing his new assstant Martha Jones, and presumably 29.1 will introduce her. As for old villains returning, I'd like to see any of: The Master, Ice Warriors and the Sea Devils myself.

The Master would of course need to escape from the TARDIS, so perhaps another not so clever companion (a la Adam he of the opening forehead), could come on board and whilst wandering about inside accidentally free him, get "possessed" (for want of a better word) and take the TARDIS to wherever his own time machine is stowed (with a working chameleon circuit, it could be anything after all, chances are pretty good he remembers where it is hidden) and flee. All the Doctor would know is that the companion took them to some planet and then vanished without a trace. Could just have that as a throwaway intro to an episode, and The Master then returning for the series finale perhaps.

What I don't want to see (despite how cool they are) is either Daleks or Cybermen. Let them rest for a year. And when the Cybermen do return, let's see the lot from Mondas/Telos instead of the parallel universe mob.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
The Master of coarse. Sea Devils would be good. UNIT and Torchwood. I would like for the doctor to whip up a new K-9 while he is at it.

sniffles

First Post
I agree about no more Daleks or Cybermen. That would get too repetitious.

I don't want to see the Master unless they can come up with a very good reason for him to be alive, and a very good actor to play him. Otherwise, let him remain dead.

I'd just like to see them get away from Earth a bit more. I hope the new companion doesn't have family to keep visiting. As much as I like Jackie and Mickey, I don't want to see more of the same.

I'll be really curious to see how they handle the change of companion. The Doctor has never been so openly emotional about saying farewell to a companion before. Being the last (apparently) Time Lord has changed him. He should have a harder time accepting a new companion, or keep expecting her to act like Rose and making references to Rose all the time. That would be an interesting twist, since in the past he always acted like his previous companions ceased to exist after they left him.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Brakkart said:
So with another 13 episodes to follow that, what would you like to see? We know that Freema Agyeman will be playing his new assstant Martha Jones, and presumably 29.1 will introduce her. As for old villains returning, I'd like to see any of: The Master, Ice Warriors and the Sea Devils myself.

Ice Warriors are confirmed for next year.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
sniffles said:
I don't want to see the Master unless they can come up with a very good reason for him to be alive, and a very good actor to play him. Otherwise, let him remain dead.

Since they're reusing actors for roles already (Freema Ageyman), hopefully they'll do what they should have done initially and have Anthony Stewart Head come back as the Master. Heck, the Anthony Ainley Master was initially a different character himself, so it certainly wouldn't be unprecedented. :)

I think the Master is a definite must for next season- maybe they'll start the season with the Face of Boe again, and his three words will be: "The Master Lives!"

Speaking of the Master, I wonder if the Rani survived? Maybe she could be a good alternative to the Master as the Doctor's foe in place of the Master (or a female Master might be an interesting switch- has there ever been a case of a Time Lord changing gender when regenerating? I know that RTD has hinted that it's not out of the realm of possibility for a future incarnation of the Doctor...)

I would definitely not mind seeing some updated looks at the Sontarans and the Sea Devils or Silurians.

How about a Krynoid? The Seeds of Doom was one of the hallmark fourth Doctor arcs, IMO, and it might be interesting to see the Doctor encounter another seed of one of those creatures somewhere (wouldn't want a rehash of that storyline, naturally, but there's got to be an interesting new story with one that could be written...)

Last edited:

MonsterMash

First Post
I want to see a bit less of a focus on the companion's background at times the Rose/Jackie/Pete and Mickey bits were a detraction from the series. The xmas special will be a one off so I'm not bovvered by Catherine Tate being in it. I don't think that we actually need Daleks or Cybermen to turn up next series, but I could happen as they have spent all that money on costumes.

I'm sure that the Head of Boe will turn up again, but will he really pass on the message this time?

Remove ads