Doctor Who Season 29 - What do you want to see?

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I agree with some of the posts that stated less family life of the companion and more adventures through time and SPACE. I'd like to see the real Cybermen, but that should probably wait a season. Ice Warriors is cool, Silurians/Sea Devils would be nice too. A cool new villian race isn't a bad idea. The Master would rock, depending on the actor and how he is written of coruse. Ultimately I'm hoping for new writers next season. The first two seasons were wildly inconsistant for me, a good show then two bad, then an amazing one, etc. Get some consistant story quality going.

I'm very happy Rose is gone. So very happy. :D

glass

(he, him)
I agree with those who say that they should let the Daleks and the Cybermen rest for a season (at least), although I definitely want to see them again eventually -I'd actually like to see the alt-Cybermen battling the originals at some point.

What I'd like to see from the next season:

The return of one or two classic villains/races (I don't really care which)

More stuff happening in space/on other planets (including the finale?)

More hints about what happened in the Time War (but no actual episodes directly about it, as they'd obviously feature Daleks).

Some longer stories (3 parts, say). I like the current shorter format, but I like the old style serials too. I'd like a mixture.

Any episodes on Earth to be in Spain, or New Zealand, or somewhere, rather than London.

Aside from that: more what they have been doing. Its been great.

EDIT: BTW, I thought the consensus was that the new stuff is 'Volume 2, Seasons 1-3', rather than 'Seasons 27-29'.

glass.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
Speaking of the Master, I wonder if the Rani survived? Maybe she could be a good alternative to the Master as the Doctor's foe in place of the Master (or a female Master might be an interesting switch- has there ever been a case of a Time Lord changing gender when regenerating? I know that RTD has hinted that it's not out of the realm of possibility for a future incarnation of the Doctor...)
They've never shown a case of a time lord switching genders in a regeneration, that I'm aware of. But it's been hinted more than once that it's possible. And with the crazy regenerations the master has been through if it would make sense for anyone, it would be him. I'd like to them them do this.

JEL

First Post
I for one would definitely not want to see the Master. He was an overrated, weak villain. The only way bringing him back would be half way decent is if he actually wins for once.

Personally, I'd like to see more fall out from the time war. Not necessarily more Daleks (which is almost guarenteed at this point anyway), but more of the Doctor dealing with what happened and the aftermath.

Black Omega

First Post
JEL said:
I for one would definitely not want to see the Master. He was an overrated, weak villain. The only way bringing him back would be half way decent is if he actually wins for once.

Personally, I'd like to see more fall out from the time war. Not necessarily more Daleks (which is almost guarenteed at this point anyway), but more of the Doctor dealing with what happened and the aftermath.
More Daleks and Cybermen is a given. Though I agree some time is needed before their next appearance. Overuse means too many loses and that is counter productive to all the work establishing them as real threats again.

But in Doomsday the Doctor mentions the fall of Arcadia as a key moment in the Time War, so they could revisit that somehow.

I disagree on the Master, though. At times he was a weak villain. But no weaker than the Daleks, Cybermen, ect during the period the Who villains were badly used. Properly used, he's Dr. Doom to the Doctor's Reed Richards. An intellectual peer but the dark to the Doctor's light. Pretty much the only person in the Temporal Universe who can match the Doctor in intelligence and knowledge. Plus there is a personal connection between them to add to the conflict. I think the current creative team could bring him back and make him a threat.

sniffles

First Post
Black Omega said:
They've never shown a case of a time lord switching genders in a regeneration, that I'm aware of. But it's been hinted more than once that it's possible. And with the crazy regenerations the master has been through if it would make sense for anyone, it would be him. I'd like to them them do this.

Well, they have shown a male Time Lord turn female if you consider the webisode 'The Curse of the Fatal Death', but I guess that's not considered canon. :p

I don't think the Master was an entirely ineffectual villain, but they did kind of ruin him during the Pertwee era because he showed up too often and was regularly defeated by the Doctor and UNIT. A good villain needs to be used sparingly, IMHO.

OTOH, I was discussing this with friends the other night and we thought a really neat twist would be for the Master to show up in disguise and ally himself with the Doctor against some major foe or problem. Perhaps the Doctor wouldn't realize it was the Master until it was too late. In the meantime, the Doctor's new companion might get to admire the Master (he could be very charming, after all) and finally decide to go with him instead of staying with the Doctor! :]

I like the writing and production staff and don't want them to change. All tv shows have strong episodes and weak ones. I've never yet seen a show where all the stories were consistently excellent, even when they were all written by the same person.

Remove ads