• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does Ray of Frost + Piercing Cold + Sneak Attack = A decent option?

Three_Haligonians

First Post
Not a problem!

VorpalStare said:
Sorry about the confusion. I'm not familiar with the feat and I think I partially misunderstood your question.

No worries, I probably should have recapped the feat in its entirety (not to mention get the name right in the first place..).

But I guess it stands that the feat applies to sneak attack damage when applicable...

Oh boy!

J from Three Haligonians

MoonZar

Explorer
Demoquin said:
Could you sneak attack a Vamp touch to get more hps?

This a very good question, i dont know how could we know, but technically why not ?! A melee attack is required and this do HP damage not ability damage even if this some kind of drain.

Prism

Explorer
The PrC you mentioned in the book of vile darkness seems to be the thrall of graz'zt. The special ability you mention allows extra damage when the opponent is flat footed when casting any spell rather than just a sneakable spell.

MoonZar

Explorer
Prism said:
The PrC you mentioned in the book of vile darkness seems to be the thrall of graz'zt. The special ability you mention allows extra damage when the opponent is flat footed when casting any spell rather than just a sneakable spell.

Yeah i'm at home now and i have access to my book, this a very nice feature i think if you combine it with the rogue sneak attack, this should stack don't you think ?! But this still outdated and too much wicked to be use in campaign hehehe

Bront

The man with the probe
Thanee said:
Yes. But, Ray of Frost *is* a weapon.

Please re-read the rules about weapon-like spells in Complete Arcane.

Bye
Thanee

Given I don't have the Complete Arcane, I can't. I can only go by SRD/Core books. Does it clarify this in the core books?

Crothian

First Post
Bront said:
Given I don't have the Complete Arcane, I can't. I can only go by SRD/Core books. Does it clarify this in the core books?

Of course not, for important rules like this you have to shell out more money :\

Bront

The man with the probe
Crothian said:
Of course not, for important rules like this you have to shell out more money :\
Someone here was nice enough to quote the rule, but this seems like a MAJOR change, or ruling, and it's not even in the eratta.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Bront said:
Someone here was nice enough to quote the rule, but this seems like a MAJOR change, or ruling, and it's not even in the eratta.

Can you find anything in the description of Sneak Attack that says it requires a weapon?

Or just an attack?

-Hyp.

Remove ads