D&D 5E Does Rope Trick Heal?

Does Rope Trick Heal?

• Yes

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 72 90.0%

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Another solution is to leave it in the game, but reduce the duration to something like half an hour, so it would still be around for other purposes (like providing a convenient rope to climb, or hiding while a patrol passes by), but the players would obviously know that it's not enough time for a short rest.

It's still a super useful spell, even without the healing angle. It's better than Levitate.

If you are only facing wolves levitate can allow you to short rest as well. ;)

I just can't care anymore...
This thread is really emblematic of D&D message boards in general. A dozen people arguing about something that doesn't matter and blowing up some minor, irrelevant piece of the game into a huge debate. It's the kind of mental black hole I get sucked into again and again and really need to disengage from.

This whole thread is just :):):):):):):):). Everything said in it is just pure :):):):):):):):). None of it matters. I've wasted hours writing about stuff here that will have ZERO impact on my game. And Mistwell's game. I could have spent the time banging my head again and again on the keyboard for the same length of time and it would have accidentally produced something that would improve my game.

Honest... I can't remember the last time being on ENWorld actually made my game better and didn't just make me stressed and irritated...

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I just can't care anymore...
This thread is really emblematic of D&D message boards in general. A dozen people arguing about something that doesn't matter and blowing up some minor, irrelevant piece of the game into a huge debate. It's the kind of mental black hole I get sucked into again and again and really need to disengage from.

This whole thread is just :):):):):):):):). Everything said in it is just pure :):):):):):):):). None of it matters. I've wasted hours writing about stuff here that will have ZERO impact on my game. And Mistwell's game. I could have spent the time banging my head again and again on the keyboard for the same length of time and it would have accidentally produced something that would improve my game.

Honest... I can't remember the last time being on ENWorld actually made my game better and didn't just make me stressed and irritated...

As I was saying, if your DM frustrates you enough you will love him for it and keep on coming back, the same applies to ENWorld.

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
For my part, I think enworld discussions are hugely valuable to my understanding of how people play and think about the game, which makes me better as a DM and player. Even seemingly minor discussions about rope trick reveal things like how some people base their adjudications as DM on other games or on sad childhood memories about climbing the rope in gym class. That's really beneficial information for when I go into a pickup game, for example, and struggle to find a basis for what I would otherwise consider bad DM calls. Instead of dismissing that DM outright I can now think, "Hmm, I guess this guy is just saying he's running 5e when really it's some kind of hodgepodge of 3e and 5e, so now I know how to act as a player."

These discussions also reveal where my own reasoning is weak and needs some fine-tuning or gotten rid of entirely. It's a whetsone for me to sharpen my tools so that I have a chance of being just a little bit better as a DM or player each time I play and that adds up over time.

However mundane the topic may be, there's value to be had in my view.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Congratulations "YES" voters. There are now 10 of you in total!

Yes but each of us can slay 10 of you non-healing folk because you're so weak and non-healy! Muhahahaha!*

[*I am honestly surprised it's as high as 10 given how you spun the question in the poll]

Al'Kelhar

Adventurer
Leomund's Tjny [sic] Hut definitely lets you short rest.

No, no, and three times no. The DM "lets" you short rest if, when you say "we try to rest up here for about an hour", the DM says "sure" - wherever "here" is. A short rest is just something that occurs when an hour goes by and nothing really happens.

Leomund's Tiny Hut creates a hemisphere of force that you and others of your choosing can enter and leave, but which prevents other creatures, spell effects, and certain other objects from entering or leaving. How any PC or party chooses to use the effect of Leomund's Tin Hut is up to them.

Cheers, Al'Kelhar

Remove ads