Doom of the Savage Kings

GlassEye

Adventurer
Franko's spell makes Tender nearly giant-sized and the dwarf puts his increased size and strength to good use. The Spear of Hirot punches through the Jarl's chest and the former ruler of the village falls to the ground dead. Tender follows up with a swing of the shield at the thegn standing next to the Jarl and delivers a nearly debilitating blow.

Kurl's attempt at healing fails but Boral's Force Manipulation flies across the room and strikes the sorcerer. Its energies knock Boral's foe back a step but the little man remains standing.

Anger, battle lust, or grief for their fallen Jarl have the thegns on their feet and attacking with wild abandon. Most surround Tender, chopping and hacking at the oversized dwarf but their blades just clang against Tender's armor. A pair take on the badgers though the creatures prove to be unusually wily and avoid the attacks. Only one makes good his attack and that is on Homer. The poor halfling is severely wounded by the chopping blow.

The sorcerer attempts a spell on Tender but it bounces off the dwarf's impenetrable will.

GM: Round Three!
Everyone is up!

[sblock=OOC]Ugh, I think I got everything. Not a good round for the Jarl or his thegns!

Homer AC 12 (modified); 2/8 hp (Enlarged: +1 hit, dmg, AC)
Hank AC 8 (modified); 5/5 hp (STR 4/10; AGI 4/10; -2 modifier)
Franko AC 10; ?/4+?

Gratien AC 13; 4/4 hp
Lizt AC 14; 4/4

Boral AC 10; 7/7 hp (Lost: Enlarge) Damage to Sorcerer: Force Manipulation (1d6=3)
Kurl AC 15; 5/5 hp (Disapproval on 1-2)
Tender AC 22; 18/23 hp (modified) (Bless: +1 to all attacks; Enlarge: +4 to attacks, dmg, AC, +10 hp)
Will (1d20+1=19)

Badger AC 12, 6 hp, (+2, 1d4 damage)
Badger AC 12, 6 hp, (+2, 1d4 damage)

Jarl AC 18 0/16 hp Dead
Thegns AC 16
-Ofenloch 3/12 hp Fumbled! Broken sword Atk vs Tender (1d20+3=4, 1d20+3=18, 1d20+3=18, 1d20+3=15)
-Kreig 12/12 hp
-Orioc 12/12 hp
-Utherl 12/12 hp
-Haedrick 12/12 hp Atk vs Homer (1d20+3=21) for Dmg vs Homer (1d8=6)
-Clohn the Bald 12/12 hp Fumbled! Loosened armor drops AC to 15 Atk vs Badger (1d20+3=4)
-Haelf Halfson 12/12 hp Atk vs Badger (1d20+3=5)

Sorcerer AC 10 hp 3/6 Black bolt: 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lizt snaked around the backside of the sorcerer, hoping to land a strike. Gratien frowned at his bow in displeasure as he missed once again, but fired off another arrow at Ofenloch anyway.

OOC: Lizt attack with shortsword [roll0] for [roll1] damage.

Gratien attack with longbow [roll2] for [roll3] damage.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm beginning to have doubts about the local roller. You aren't the only one to consistently roll below 5 on every single roll you make. Feel free to switch to another roller like Invisible Castle or Coyote Code.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have been using coyote code myself, lately. got disgusted with all of my games having such cruddieness . . . . .

Franko - The 'touched ' jester shouts with glee then points at the scorcerer and missiles shoot out. He immediately changes to a strange sight of fear crying out in sorry his apologies at some unseen person.
"I am sorry, your Majesty! I had to! these are the bad people!" tears roll down his cheeks, leaving streaks of red skin.
magic missile caster check: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
magic missile damage: 4D12+4 = [9, 11, 7, 12]+4 = 43
I love getting that really good roll when it is needed!

Hank - Seeing that the numbers need to be evened better, he casts his genderbending spell again and returns to his female form . . again.
cast summon badger, again
Caster check: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
Han understands the criticality of the situation and inwardly hopes for a miracle. the sleleton of the badger starts forming, turns ghostly and starts to disapate, only to form from the wisps as a full badger !
Sacrifice 7 luck to make this work!!

Attacks: 1D20 = [17] = 17
1D20 = [5] = 5
1D20 = [19] = 19

**not sure what the damage should be. d4?**

Hanketta grips her lower abdomen and says,"ugh, I feel . . . . bloated"

Homer
Homer puts his last remaining efforts into fighting for his fellow defenders of this harassed community
attack - enlarged: 1D16 = [11] = 11
1D16 = [2] = 2
<--look, d16's!!
unfortunately, both attacks miss.

Franko's Spell crit bonus:
1d6+3 missiles, 1d8+4 dam each
_: 1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5
missile damages: 1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D8+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D8+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D8+4 = [8]+4 = 12

***Question: Are these required to hit the same target as before, or can the be directed at random targets?***

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Scott]First, the easy: the badgers do 1d4 damage.

Second, the not-so-easy: I'm not sure what you are doing with all those rolls for the spell crit because that's not how spell criticals work. When you get a critical with a spell you add your level to the spell check. In this case, it moves your check from a 24 to a 25, which is the same on the chart (one big missile). The damage you have is incorrectly figured. For the first MM damage it is 4d12 +level, so 4d12+1, not +4. Sorry, you don't get extra missiles (but that sorcerer sure is dead).

Finally, I just discovered spellburn has to be declared before the spell check is made (unlike burning luck, which can be before or after). We'll leave everything as it stands so far but follow that from here on out.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=Scott]First, the easy: the badgers do 1d4 damage.

Second, the not-so-easy: I'm not sure what you are doing with all those rolls for the spell crit because that's not how spell criticals work. When you get a critical with a spell you add your level to the spell check. In this case, it moves your check from a 24 to a 25, which is the same on the chart (one big missile). The damage you have is incorrectly figured. For the first MM damage it is 4d12 +level, so 4d12+1, not +4. Sorry, you don't get extra missiles (but that sorcerer sure is dead).

Finally, I just discovered spellburn has to be declared before the spell check is made (unlike burning luck, which can be before or after). We'll leave everything as it stands so far but follow that from here on out.[/sblock]

[sblock=to gm]I am so sorry. I have NO idea what I was thinking, maybe his spell check roll where you add Int plus level. I have had a long turn nagging head ache, but that is no reason to be so lacking in what I read. I figured the first roll was enough to kill the spell caster, but I just wanted to ENSURE that he is dead dead
[roll0] (for the humor)[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Kurl frowns, but attempts to cast another healing spell, but this time on Homer. "All these pointy things flashing around me is putting me on edge."

[roll0]

"At least the sorcerer and Jarl seemed to have been brought down. But there's a bard... I hate bards... playing their music and looking all awesome with their flowing hair and village girls on their arms while some of us are stuck cleaning the pig pens." A fount of anger seems to build up inside Boral as he lets loose another force bolt at the bard.

[roll1]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender growls at Boral. "No, his name is Clohn the Bald, not Clohn the Bard. Look at his ugly mug, man! Does he appear to have waving locks of hair? Does he?"

Tender says the last as he jabs his spear meaningfully at Clohn's chest, while whipping his shield at the face of the injured Ofenloch.

Deed Die
[roll0]
Spear vs Clohn
[roll1]
Damage
[roll2]
Shield Attack vs Ofenloch
[roll3]
Shield Damage
[roll4]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
With his deed die of 3, and strong sweep of his shield, Tender misses harming Ofenloch, but still hits him solidly in an attempt to lift him off his feet and throw him off balance.

Remove ads