Download Thread Option

doghead

thotd
It used to be possible to download threads. I used it to keep archives of game threads. It looked something like this (without the snips):

* * * EN World - Morrus' D&D/d20 News & Reviews Site THREAD * * *

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
THREAD : [ic] nameless I: prologue
Started at 02-02-2004 01:56 AM by doghead
Visit at http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=76129

[Post 1]
Author : doghead
Date : 02-02-2004 01:56 AM
Title : [ic] nameless I: prologue

Although the wind holds a hint of the coming chill of winter, the afternoon sun is warm. All that needs to be done has been done. So there is nothing for it but to enjoy it.

<snip>

[Post 2]
Date : 02-02-2004 01:57 AM

ooc: The goblins go first. The logic of the story kind of dictated that. Each goblin closing on you has taken one Mv Action. They will take their other action in the initiative sequence. (the two girls kicked everyones butts in the initiative. One goblin to the right has left the forest to enter the clearing.

<snip>

[Post 3]
Date : 02-02-2004 01:58 AM

thunderbirds are go!

It no longer appears to be an option in the thread tools. Is it still possible to do?

thotd

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It used to be possible to download threads. I used it to keep archives of game threads. It looked something like this (without the snips):

It no longer appears to be an option in the thread tools. Is it still possible to do?

thotd

Look at the "show printable version" option in the thread tools. Do that, copy-paste into your favorite text editor or word processor, and save...

doghead

thotd
Look at the "show printable version" option in the thread tools. Do that, copy-paste into your favorite text editor or word processor, and save...

Its an option, but it has some limitations.

You can only download on page of a thread at a time. Currently that means a maximum of 20 posts. At 20 post per page, my last IC thread comes to 20 pages. My current IC thread is already at 6 pages. I tried doing a hack of the URL, changing printthread.php?t=348931&pp=20&page=1 to printthread.php?t=348931&pp=100&page=1, but my hack fu wasn't strong enough.

Saving the "printable version" as either txt file or pdf means loosing the content in sblock tags unless you go through the page first an manually open them all. The formatting of the txt version (or rather the lack of it) also makes for poor readability.

[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] mentioned in this thread back in '09 that vB 4 might restore the functionality when it arrived.

I was wondering if it had.

Cheers

thotd

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I currently have the Number of Posts to Show Per Page: in General Settings set to 20, which is the maximum the pull down menu allows. Not sure how to get 30.

thotd

Try the default setting and see what happens. I will find out tomorrow what the result is. I need to get going to home.

Remove ads