• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #348

MKMcArtor

First Post
Razz said:
Remember, I wanna know what's in Class Acts. :D

Now THAT's what I want to hear. :D

Adventurer: "Mountain Ghosts" (dwarf ninja) by Wolfgang Baur. (Yes, THE Wolfgang Baur.)
Arcane: "Unfamiliar Territory" (variant class features) by Christopher Hantzmon and... uh... me. :)
Divine: "Wild Shape Guide" (self explanatory) by John E. Ling, Jr.
Warrior: "Marshal of Battle" (new marshal auras) by Stefan Happ

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Ooh, those Class Acts sound very nice.

As for the daelkyr monsters, I like 'em. Of course, that's because I wrote 'em. Since nobody has the issue at hand, I'm not sure how much it'd be wise for me to talk about...

Demiurge out.

Razz

Banned
Banned
MKMcArtor said:
Now THAT's what I want to hear. :D

Adventurer: "Mountain Ghosts" (dwarf ninja) by Wolfgang Baur. (Yes, THE Wolfgang Baur.)
Arcane: "Unfamiliar Territory" (variant class features) by Christopher Hantzmon and... uh... me. :)
Divine: "Wild Shape Guide" (self explanatory) by John E. Ling, Jr.
Warrior: "Marshal of Battle" (new marshal auras) by Stefan Happ

Dwarf Ninja? I assume they're racial substitution levels for dwarves taking the Ninja class or maybe alternate class features for dwarven ninjas? Heh, I have nothing against dwarven ninjas, but my best friend has been making fun of them since 2E, ever since the racial requirements in the Complete Ninja's Handbook stated "Human, Dwarf, Halfling" but no "Elf" (which he believes, and I agree, would make and look like awesome ninjas). Ever since, he's vowed to one day make a character that assassinates dwarven ninjas *LOL*

For the Arcane, variant class features eh? For which class now...hmmm....

Wild Shape Guide, could prove extremely useful. I'll have to see that one.

Ahh, no feats in Class Acts but the new Marshal Auras MORE than make up for that slight. That's one I am interested in the most of the 4 sections.

Cool, can't wait for next month's CA.

6 new daelkyr, way to go Demiurge. I don't DM/play in Eberron so the new mobs don't appeal to me at all but congrats anyway and I am glad you've made many an Eberron-DM happy with that article. :D

MKMcArtor

First Post
Razz said:
Dwarf Ninja? I assume they're racial substitution levels for dwarves taking the Ninja class or maybe alternate class features for dwarven ninjas? Heh, I have nothing against dwarven ninjas, but my best friend has been making fun of them since 2E, ever since the racial requirements in the Complete Ninja's Handbook stated "Human, Dwarf, Halfling" but no "Elf" (which he believes, and I agree, would make and look like awesome ninjas). Ever since, he's vowed to one day make a character that assassinates dwarven ninjas *LOL*

How can there not be elf ninja? :confused:

So, believe it or not, no sub levels, no variant class features, and no feats. Like dwarven rogues, we took dwarven ninja as equipment users. So this article is all about specialized gear by and for dwarven ninja. There were feats, originally, but we cut them for space.

Razz said:
For the Arcane, variant class features eh? For which class now...hmmm....

Well, I hate familiars, so that might give you a hint. :lol:

Razz said:
Ahh, no feats in Class Acts but the new Marshal Auras MORE than make up for that slight. That's one I am interested in the most of the 4 sections.

Yeah, no feats this month (Wait, really? Oh yeah, look at that.), but plenty of other neat options. :)

Razz said:
6 new daelkyr, way to go Demiurge. I don't DM/play in Eberron so the new mobs don't appeal to me at all but congrats anyway and I am glad you've made many an Eberron-DM happy with that article. :D

The critters are useful even outside of Eberron. I don't usually get too excited about monster articles, but this one has some real winners. :)

Razz

Banned
Banned
My favorite monster articles are the ones that involve a healthy mix of both converted and new monsters.

Which means, of course, I hope to soon see another Creature Collection (I believe next one is VI?) article.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Razz said:
My favorite monster articles are the ones that involve a healthy mix of both converted and new monsters.

Which means, of course, I hope to soon see another Creature Collection (I believe next one is VI?) article.
Actually, there is a hidden conversion in the Horrors of the Daelkyr article. One of the creatures is based on an actual prehistoric animal, which turned up in a Dragon article back in the 1e (?) days.

Demiurge out.

Razz

Banned
Banned
demiurge1138 said:
Actually, there is a hidden conversion in the Horrors of the Daelkyr article. One of the creatures is based on an actual prehistoric animal, which turned up in a Dragon article back in the 1e (?) days.

Demiurge out.

I'm a little confused. Is the article about new daelkyr or creatures created by the daelkyr? :confused:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Razz said:
I'm a little confused. Is the article about new daelkyr or creatures created by the daelkyr? :confused:
Creatures created by them or associated with them. The daelkyr themselves are all pretty similar - Player's Guide to Eberron has some "named" daelkyr that might be best advanced or as a unique, demon prince style creature. The article contains four daelkyr creations and two other creatures from Xoriat, Eberron's equivalent of the Far Realm, where the daelkyr originally hailed from.

Demiurge out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads